Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Rainbow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suddenly got a rainbow color driving display on autopilot in my 2023 Y. Can anyone tell me what this is and how it happened, I can't seem to repeat it?

John

Tesla Autopilot Rainbow display.jpeg

Here is another thread on this, here at TMC. Its called "Rainbow Road" and its an Easter egg / hidden feature:

Upvote 0
Here is another thread on this, here at TMC. Its called "Rainbow Road" and its an Easter egg / hidden feature:

Hidden easter egg but not really because it’s on the toy box menu.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
Because Someone in Tesla thought it was "fun" and because it is not in any way, shape or form a mandatory feature so can be avoided by people who dont like it (like me).
Unless you trigger it by accident. Then you just have to wait it out. There is no way to stop it or turn it off. Which feels mandatory to me.

If the only way to trigger it was in the toybox, I'd agree it was whimsical. Since it is also an Easter Egg, it becomes a distraction until you figure out WTF just happened, how I made it happen, and then remember to not make the same mistake again.

Upvote 0
.. can anybody explain why the cowbell audio, I get rainbow road but why make annoying music too?
You now have a "rainbow all the time" option that does not play the music, and activates the rainbow whenever AP is in use. I find the rainbow a better visual indicator that AP is active than two blue lines to the sides of the car image on the display, so I have the "rainbow all the time" option selected.

Keith

Reactions: C-Bus Y
Upvote 0