Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Stopped Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2019 Model 3 S+. Got in the car today and started driving and it refused to start cruise control. Then I noticed that I see no cars adjacent to me on the screen. FSD Visualization not working either. I did a soft boot and when that did not work I did a hard boot. Neither cleared up the issue. I scheduled a service for next week. Has anyone else expreienced anything like this?

I have a 2019 Model 3 S+. Got in the car today and started driving and it refused to start cruise control. Then I noticed that I see no cars adjacent to me on the screen. FSD Visualization not working either. I did a soft boot and when that did not work I did a hard boot. Neither cleared up the issue. I scheduled a service for next week. Has anyone else expreienced anything like this?
I have the same car as yours (also 2019). I have driven nearly 70k miles and never had this issue until 2 weeks ago. The only thing that fixes it is selecting "Power Off" on the screen and waiting a few minutes. But then it comes back the next day! I have been doing this multiple times a week!! I suspect it is somehow related to the USB drive for the dashcam. It started having issues around the same time.

Upvote 0
I have the same car as yours (also 2019). I have driven nearly 70k miles and never had this issue until 2 weeks ago. The only thing that fixes it is selecting "Power Off" on the screen and waiting a few minutes. But then it comes back the next day! I have been doing this multiple times a week!! I suspect it is somehow related to the USB drive for the dashcam. It started having issues around the same time.
There's an active discussion on this. Apparently it's a software issue: Autopilot nor Cruise will engage 50% or more of drives

Upvote 0
My 2019 model 3 AP has been failing to engage about 1-2x a week for 3 months. Took in for service a couples months ago, they replaced the front radar. Problem continues. Can’t find anyway to get in touch with someone. Service just punts and says a firmware issue and refuses to take an appointment. Getting really frustrated. Maybe we should get people to organize somehow and post a complaint letter on their social media or something.

Upvote 0
Driving on a rural Interstate earlier this week, we were passing a truck and I became worried about it prematurely merging into our lane. I sped up to get out of its way, and in so doing, exceeded the Auto Steer speed limit. As a result, Autopilot was disabled for the remainder of the drive. I didn’t feel like getting off the freeway and stopping to reenable Autopilot, so I just kept driving with automatic cruise control.

After about 20 or 30 minutes, cruise control also stopped working. At this point, I pulled off the freeway and tried a hard reset, by holding down the brake pedal and the scroll wheels. This did not help, so I was forced to continue driving manually.

Nightfall came, and I found that the high beams no longer worked. It started raining, and the auto windshield wipers also failed to operate.

We stopped to Supercharge, and even after additional reset attempts, none of the vision related features seemed to work. Even after arriving at our destination, resetting the car did not seem to help, and Sentry Mode would not operate.

Thankfully, after sitting overnight (plugged in to charge), everything worked again, and we haven’t had problems since. At least on the current software iteration (we have FSD Beta 10.12.2), I think it’s worth doing everything possible to avoid exceeding the Auto Steer speed limit!

Upvote 0
2021 Model 3 LR - I started having this problem last week. It is intermittent but so far has only occurred on hot days (80F full sun). If I start driving under full sun, it stops working in 30 minute. It then starts working again after the car has been sitting for a while. Reboots don’t help.

Tesla Messaged me in the appointment notes saying the engineers found that a reboot should fix it which is ridiculous since I mentioned in my original appointment notes that rebooting multiple times was the first thing I did and it didn’t help.

I’m on 2022.12.3.2
Just started a 4 hour trip - same syptoms here. 2019 M3P FSD - running 2022.16.3

Looks like it’s not fully resolved with updates. Just got this one a few days ago. Noticing no visualizations of traffic and similar automated functions.

Upvote 0