Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Trial still a thing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did Tesla end the Autopilot 14 day trial? I’m curious, as I really want to try Adaptive Cruise control, its actually mind blowing that it’s not standard on a car that I paid 60K on.
Not sure how something listed as an option would be expected to be included.
I paid less than 60k for mine and ordered it with EAP, obviously you chose a different option :D

I took delivery Sept. 22. Was hoping that the EAP trial would come back at some point so I could try it (and maybe buy it!! wink wink, Elon), but to no avail.

Yep, the trial apparently ended just as I took delivery, too. I haven't bought it, and I'm on the fence still. At this point I won't buy it until I can try it a bit, just because I'm really not sure just how often I'd even use it

Not just for TACC it isn’t. And I think there’s a compelling case that TACC is a safety feature. You can make AutoSteer and Drive on Nav optional upgrades and include whatever else comes along by way of self driving capabilities in the EAP package. There’s nothing left of FSD anyway but hardware.

But on the EAP pilot point, I had a 14-day trial pre V9. I thought TACC was poorly implemented. Made decisions I would not have made. Herky jerky. I don’t travel highways much. When I do I would love to have another go at it now that I have the newest firmware. I hear it’s better.

I hope/expect Tesla to offer another Autopilot trial. Why not? It’s the best way to separate me from my money. If it’s really improved I’ll buy it and spike Tesla’s margins. It cost them nothing. In fact, they ought to let me trial it for long enough not to be able to live without it. Then I’d pay anything, right?

Ok, so I just hope to trial Autopilot with the new firmware someday. Like the OP, that’s the only way I’d buy.

Proposed solution for TACC: Make it standard. Bump M3 price by $1000. It’s all over the lot anyway. Offer to current non EAP owners for $1000. Give EAP owners $1000 for including in their original software kit. That should make EAP owners a little happier while they await better autonomous features for which they now paid $1000 less.

If we all agree someone please tell Elon.

Reactions: webdbbt
It seems strange that Tesla wouldn't make the EAP trial persistent to all new owners and existing owners who have never participated in a previous trial. Wouldn't it potentially boost revenue? Making it available only in small windows seems like a lost opportunity to sell the feature to people (like me) who were on the fence in the first place.

Did Tesla end the Autopilot 14 day trial? I’m curious, as I really want to try Adaptive Cruise control, its actually mind blowing that it’s not standard on a car that I paid 60K on.
The Auto Pilot free trial is back! See https://electrek.co/2018/11/04/tesla-discounts-autopilot-upgrade-free-trials/
——————————————————-
Tesla has launched a new round of 30-day Autopilot trials and on its website, the company says that Tesla owners will have the opportunity to buy the package for $5,500 at the end of the trial.

“During your trial, this upgrade is available to purchase at the reduced price of $5,500. One week after your trial ends, the price of Enhanced Autopilot will return to $7,000.”
——————————————————-

More at Enhanced Autopilot Trial