Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot unlimited speed on Kingston Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Drone Flyer

Feb 22, 2016
Canada
I noticed last night unlimited speed on Autopilot while driving on Kingston road in Scarborough.
The speed limit is 60 and I was able to go 69 km/h.
Could it be geo fencing not set up for the area? I don't know if the AP 1 reads the signs or is it programmed in already via GPS and maps.

Kingston Road is a divided highway (Hwy 2) from Birchmount Ave to the 401 at Pt Union Rd. There is a median in the middle of the road for that entire stretch. So therefore it meets the classification for unrestricted AP.

IMG_0974.JPG
I would argue that the area south of Kingston Road is the best Real Estate in the (amalgamated) city of Toronto. It is pretty much the only place in the city where you can get single family homes that overlook Lake Ontario. Here is the view from my backyard - far better views than the Bridle Path, Rosedale or Forest Hill. (This photo is a few years old - the view improved a bit after the ice storm 2+ years ago.)

• Funny
Reactions: doubeld
Yesterday I was driving WB on Kingston Road with AP engaged. As soon as I passed Birchmount, which is where the median ends, the AP dropped down to the speed limit.

It might be interesting to try this on other similar roads. One could be the stretch of University Av from King to College.

This appears to be "fixed" with the latest upgrade in that you are now limited to 10km over the limit on Kingston Road between Birchmount and the 401 despite the fact that it is a divided highway, albeit with a lower speed limit of (usually) 60km/h.