Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autosteer Lane Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may be an outlier, but I'm glad that my 30 day FSD trial ended. I enabled it just to try at the beginning, but turned it off after a few uses. What would not turn off was the enhanced lane change when I was in autosteer; I wasn't all that wild about that either. At the end of the trial. all returned to normal. The most pleasant surprise is the steering wheel effort needed to disconnect autosteer is significantly less than it used to be. You don't get that jolt when turning the wheel enough to disconnect autosteer for change lanes. I don't know if it happened a bit ago or I just noticed it, but I sure like it!

Anyone else notice?

PSA - this is not a another thread about why I wasn't into FSD; it's about the steering wheel effort to disconnect autosteer. 🤪

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
I notice the different disconnect behavior between my wife’s 23 Model Y LR with regular AP and my 2018 Model 3P with EAP. Mine is still the same as always (harder disconnect), and hasn’t changed through the most recent updates while hers is much smoother.