Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autumn Fall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bouba

Sep 23, 2021
France
Has anyone noticed that while the Model 3 is waterproof it is not leaf proof. The wiper scuttle is just a gateway for leaves and the frunk somehow fills with leaves as does the trunk (to a lesser extent)

Has anyone noticed that while the Model 3 is waterproof it is not leaf proof. The wiper scuttle is just a gateway for leaves and the frunk somehow fills with leaves as does the trunk (to a lesser extent)

The engine cowl does collect leaves, on all cars.
But I have found ZERO leaves or other debris in the frunk or the trunk. Then, again, I don't park or drive with frunk/trunk orifices open, so maybe that's the difference.

• Funny
Reactions: rpiotro and Bouba
The engine cowl does collect leaves, on all cars.
But I have found ZERO leaves or other debris in the frunk or the trunk. Then, again, I don't park or drive with frunk/trunk orifices open, so maybe that's the difference.
There is a lot of leaves and garden detritus in our neck of the woods, and while winter is short in the South of France, autumn is incredibly long. I have ordered a carport but like many things these days it’s slow arriving.
I don’t leave the frunk or the trunk open (in fact except to vacuum the leaves out I never open the frunk) and yet there they are....

I park my M3 right next to a large black birch. It drops thousands of leaves in the autumn and, yes, a lot of them wind up around the windshield wipers, but they are easily removed by a few flicks of the wipers. However, I have never seen any get into my trunk or trunk except of course when one or the other was open.

Attachments

• 1638283309504.jpeg
    1638283309504.jpeg
    515.7 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: afadeev