Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awaiting delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! I don't own a Model 3 (yet) but I've found the resources provided on Reddit's r/teslamotors to be super informative. Plenty of people have also recorded and uploaded their delivery experiences to YouTube, to help give you a better idea of what to expect!

Hi everyone,

I just ordered a dual motor long range midnight silver metallic Model 3. Delivery is estimated 2 weeks. What should I be doing in the mean time to prepare? Thanks!

Buying accessories and installing a HPWC?! Takes about the same time to get the HPWC and install it as it takes to get the M3!

BTW, you ordered the same car I got in June....

DJI_0072.JPG
DJI_0075.JPG

Drone shots...

Reactions: Daniel_6
Hi everyone,

I just ordered a dual motor long range midnight silver metallic Model 3. Delivery is estimated 2 weeks. What should I be doing in the mean time to prepare? Thanks!

Congratulations! One good place to start, would be reading the manual for the car (if you are that type of person). There is a lot covered there that new owners normally rush to others (or message boards) to ask, that is already answered in there.

another thing is, decide (if you havent already) how you are going to charge your car, and start getting quotes on the charging setup if you are going to have one installed vs doing it yourself if you have DIY electrical skills.

One thing I would recommend you DONT do, is get all worked up about issues that people post about delivery, or panel gaps, or bad paint etc. While I agree that my model 3 does not have the same type of paint job as my BMWs have had in the past, I think a lot of this is blown out of proportion, and drives new owners to do things like print out several page checklists and look for minute issues.

congratulations again, and hope the wait is not too bad.

Reactions: Daniel_6 and Jazz3D
Lol congratulations and welcome to the madness! I only say madness as I personally haven't been this excited and giddy about a car before in my life.

I started my research and got some tips from my sister (who is also a model 3 owner) and have set up a few accessory buys for my upcoming Model 3. In particular, I have bought:

• Floor mats/trunk mats
  • mud flaps
  • decals for the door switches
  • sill protectors
  • portable SSD for sentry mode
  • USB hub
  • Set up appointment for tinting and PPF (will probably have to move it out, no VIN yet)
  • touchscreen protector
  • sun shade for windshield
  • center console wrap
And done a bunch of reading on here. Thanks jjrandorin for the manual suggestion.