Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD and EHVIP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You really are making a mountain out of a molehill. Nissan sold roughly 1,300 Leafs in all of Canada in 2017. Ontario figures I could not find but if you go proportionally with population its about 450 or so. They sold 145,000+ cars nationally in 2017. I'm not convinced they care about the loss of 450 sales assuming no one buys another Leaf ever again in Ontario because the rebate is cancelled.
Again it's one thing to lose be those sales it's another to lose the grandfathered rebate which would put them out 14k per car on order or in the application process. Also GM does have some clout in Ontario.

It's not 100% certain Ford and the PCs will win. Polls are starting to show NDP in the lead. Still 2 weeks to go.
Right on, people are all doom sand gloom about the rebate. A number of things have to fall in place.
Why Is a PC majority a forgone conclusion? Why will the policy decision to grandfather existing orders not be kept? Yet Why will the policy decision to cancel cap and trade 100% be kept?

Again it's one thing to lose be those sales it's another to lose the grandfathered rebate which would put them out 14k per car on order or in the application process. Also GM does have some clout in Ontario.
So on order is an even smaller # than the yearly sales. At most its 50-100 cars when they sell 145,000 yearly in Canada. You aren't doing a great job in making a convincing point.

So on order is an even smaller # than the yearly sales. At most its 50-100 cars when they sell 145,000 yearly in Canada. You aren't doing a great job in making a convincing point.
on order and in application process. You might believe that amount of money to not be of great importance but in corporate culture when the last dollar is counted booking that type of loss will be met with resistance. GM and Nissan will not take lightly having the rug pulled out from under them. Not to say it can't be...

Again i think you purported to have facts you wanted us to know regarding the PC evip policy....?

Last edited:
on order and in application process. You might believe that amount of money to not be of great importance but in corporate culture when the last dollar is counted booking that type of loss will be met with resistance. GM and Nissan will not take lightly having the rug pulled out from under them. Not to say it can't be...

Again i think you purported to have facts you wanted us to know regarding the PC evip policy....?

Yeah I'm sorry you aren't convincing. 50-100 cars can easily be replaced by the salespeople talking the customers into gas cars. I'm not going to beat a dead horse anymore. GM & Nissan will not be lobbying jack on this program to replace a blip in their overall sales.

Yeah I'm sorry you aren't convincing. 50-100 cars can easily be replaced by the salespeople talking the customers into gas cars. I'm not going to beat a dead horse anymore. GM & Nissan will not be lobbying jack on this program to replace a blip in their overall sales.
Yeah you seem pretty set in your ways and not easily convinced, kudos.

Soooo again just opinion....? You said you had Facts regarding evip in the PC platform?

Last edited:
I see, I must missed it, will read up more, still thinking which party to vote, hard to decide ...

They responded to my email after I asked them about it

Attachments

• sc.PNG
    sc.PNG
    109.5 KB · Views: 73
I think we are. The EVIP program was allotted 285 million. That translates to roughly 20000 cars. Given that ontario had EV sales of around 3000 in 2016 and 7000 in 2017, and likely 80% of the sales were eligible for the 14k incentive, we're looking at around 12k cars left. Given the sales projection and the introduction of the m3 in 2018, I think we'll be hitting the cap real soon.

For some reason I cannot edit posts.

Actually I have to revise my 80% figure to about 95%. The 75k price cap rule didn't come into effect until March 2018. Therefore, almost all EV sales in 2016 and 2017 should qualify for the 14k incentive.

This is why I decided to order my RWD a few days ago. It didn't matter if the next government is going to keep the incentive program or not, it will hit the cap before AWD comes out. In fact, people should start getting worried whether they'll make the cut off if they don't order soon. If Ontario sold ~7000 electric cars in 2017, twice as many as 2016, then it shouldn't be that hard at all to sell twice as many in 2018 with the Model 3. I wouldn't be surprised if Ontario has reached 7000 in sales for 2018 as of now.

Let's face it, we're all happy to get a $14k incentive, but it is not good fiscal policy. No matter who is in government this rate will eventually be reduced or cancelled.the incentive in Ontario is disproportionate to any other jurisdictions rebates

They need to come up with a better and more fiscally sustainable plan for electric rebates, regardless of who is in power, as more electric cars come up in the next year, they won't be able to keep it up.
I would simply have a tax model to charge a surtax on high consumption vehicle and using that to offer full HST rebate on full electric car and partial on hybrids and plug ins.
Caddilac Escalades would pay your rebate!
Revenue neutral

Reactions: 03DSG
The other looming issue will become road taxes... Electric vehicles do not pay the additional surtaxes that are included in gas that are 'supposed' to be used to pay for roads, bridges and transit. the provincial + federal amount is around 45 cents per litre based on today's prices, the government will lose out on this revenue, watch a new tax coming as electric vehicle sales really take off in 5 years and Government treasury is impacted due to lower gas and related revenue

For some reason I cannot edit posts.

Actually I have to revise my 80% figure to about 95%. The 75k price cap rule didn't come into effect until March 2018. Therefore, almost all EV sales in 2016 and 2017 should qualify for the 14k incentive.

This is why I decided to order my RWD a few days ago. It didn't matter if the next government is going to keep the incentive program or not, it will hit the cap before AWD comes out. In fact, people should start getting worried whether they'll make the cut off if they don't order soon. If Ontario sold ~7000 electric cars in 2017, twice as many as 2016, then it shouldn't be that hard at all to sell twice as many in 2018 with the Model 3. I wouldn't be surprised if Ontario has reached 7000 in sales for 2018 as of now.
You're forgetting about the previous price cap in 2016 i believe and assuming that the cost of the car was the only criteria therefore most cars got 14k. The fund is still plentiful for AWD. Government policy and tariffs is a different story.