Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN showed up on my account page - right on cue - as I am now (hopefully) inside of a week out from delivery in Alpharetta. Submitted the electronically signed MVPA a couple of days ago. So getting close to finalizing this thing. Hopefully the car will show up on time!

Warning, when you take delivery make sure the car is configured properly to the best of your ability. I'm talking about mostly the obvious items like color, wheels, etc. The hidden features may be tougher to validate like 0-60 time and top speed. I took delivery of my performance AWD model 3 on September 2, 2018 and now just realized it's missing the carbon fiber spoil it was suppose to have. I expect Tesla will take care of this promptly so we'll see how that goes.

Warning, when you take delivery make sure the car is configured properly to the best of your ability. I'm talking about mostly the obvious items like color, wheels, etc. The hidden features may be tougher to validate like 0-60 time and top speed. I took delivery of my performance AWD model 3 on September 2, 2018 and now just realized it's missing the carbon fiber spoil it was suppose to have. I expect Tesla will take care of this promptly so we'll see how that goes.

No one has had their carbon fiber spoiler attached at delivery of performance model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
  • Informative
Sorry for silly questions, I am pretty sure that it was answered here before, but anyways.....
Today status of my account changed, now I can see new note: Delivery Appointment at Nov. 10, 2018 at 04:00 PM
Great news! I ordered car 9/30, so it is roughly 6 weeks.
Now, I choose to pay in cash, but for part of the payment i am going to use loan from my CU. I do not have VIn or any paperwork from Tesla yet. What do need to bring to my CU?

Sorry for silly questions, I am pretty sure that it was answered here before, but anyways.....
Today status of my account changed, now I can see new note: Delivery Appointment at Nov. 10, 2018 at 04:00 PM
Great news! I ordered car 9/30, so it is roughly 6 weeks.
Now, I choose to pay in cash, but for part of the payment i am going to use loan from my CU. I do not have VIn or any paperwork from Tesla yet. What do need to bring to my CU?
I’m going through this now, half cash/half CU My credit union needed a signed MVPA by you and Tesla, I just received my MVPA today 1 week before delivery

• Informative
Ordered 10/21 Edit button disappeared this morning so i called asking for more info. Was told a VIN was assigned and I would be contacted within a few days for info. Needless to say the edit button came back later in the day so i called and was told it was a system error and I will receive my VIN when the order is ready...

Thinking back on it i probably shouldn't have called..

I’m confused as I’ve never seen an edit button on my account page on the Tesla web site. I ordered on 10/12, and was contacted today via phone that my car has a VIN and is getting on a train today to head east. I was thinking I’d have to pick up in Mt. Kisco, but apparently they are now required to do home delivery for anyone in N.H. When the advisor figured out that I’m in N.H., he said he needs to connect me to a home delivery advisor....so waiting for that call. Delivery sounds around 11/18 hopefully.

It finally happened. I took delivery of my car Today at 6:30 PM. I felt delivery was rushed a bit. I found couple of issue(Tail light not properly aligned and Passenger side vanity mirror broken). They promised to schedule a service appointment to address these. Other than that delivery went OK. The Autopilot calibrated before I reached home and was able to try it out on the first drive itself.
I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them here.

11C76931-6C61-4F45-8C5F-AC229E718319.jpeg
6D67816C-7BCE-4BE0-A7A4-A68F181C77D2.jpeg
A7BF9402-95C6-4752-A105-AB2A76ABB91C.jpeg
It finally happened. I took delivery of my car Today at 6:30 PM. I felt delivery was rushed a bit. I found couple of issue(Tail light not properly aligned and Passenger side vanity mirror broken). They promised to schedule a service appointment to address these. Other than that delivery went OK. The Autopilot calibrated before I reached home and was able to try it out on the first drive itself.
I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them here.

Some pictures

I’m going through this now, half cash/half CU My credit union needed a signed MVPA by you and Tesla, I just received my MVPA today 1 week before delivery

Apply with lightstream, send them the copy of the approval letter from your CU. They will beat the CU rate by .1% and overnight the cash into you bank account electronically. It’s an unsecured loan to boot, so no vin needed, no bank on your title... win win win

Great News - my delivery date moved from 11/1 up to 10/25 and a bunch of days in between that. The car is parked nicely in the garage now. The process was quick and simple, played in the car for 40 minutes on the SuperCharger, just to make sure I got that last $6 out of my purchase, and could drive it all day.

Car came with 2018.32.7, and according to TeslaFi, there is only 1 other car with that firmware. The cars VIN is 114,1XX and mfg in 10/18. I have 2 very small items in the paint, and the drivers headlights lip is out over the bumper and not inset. We will get those items taken care of.

I again pushed for my referral 6 Month free supercharging. I have no idea how to tell if it has been applied, other than heading out to the closest SuperCharger - 29 miles away. Unlike my friends car, mine doesn't show a $ dollar amount for SuperCharging like his did. So maybe it took.

Thanks for all your help....