Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately when you update your software you have no way to see what version you are getting. No way of starting the update on your own either. When the car is ready, it will ask if you are ready for the update. It seems like the latest version is 2018.50.6, and I think the flickering has been fixed. Didn't seem like it affected a lot of cars.

Unless there is a huge problem reported here, I would update the car when it becomes available. Takes a few weeks before most people get updated once they start roll out.

As you may know, this software version number is the year (2018) and the week it was first sent out (week 50 of year). The .6 is probably a minor fix to that version.

Have fun with your car. There is a lot to learn and experience in the first few weeks....and it is all exciting.

Hi @9114s. Has the cargo ship situation improved there between the islands and hopefully you have your car by now? Or at least a schedule delivery date? We’re almost twins, except my car, named Kealani BTW, has all black interior (well except for the roof area of course).
Sorry i posted in the Hawaii section. Yes I got the car delivered at a local golf course here in Maui Jan 16th. The car meets expectation and more, love the white and black interior, the handling is as good as my previous 911-4s for half the price and the acceleration is equally good without the need to downshift to 4000rpm to launch it and I get instanly blast acceleration from any speed... I am just missing the sport exhaust button but instead I have the emission mode...:)

Thanks wcorey, right back at ya, congratulations! Just another month longer, you’ll have to let us know when your delivery date is
Delivery was 11/7/2018. I was told in early Sept my car was enroute but it was enroute to Dedham MA and they could sell me the car. It took until end of Oct to get one assigned and enroute to Mt Kisco NY. It's home now but it was an ordeal. I got there a little after 4pm and didn't drive off until after 11pm.

Sorry i posted in the Hawaii section. Yes I got the car delivered at a local golf course here in Maui Jan 16th. The car meets expectation and more, love the white and black interior, the handling is as good as my previous 911-4s for half the price and the acceleration is equally good without the need to downshift to 4000rpm to launch it and I get instanly blast acceleration from any speed... I am just missing the sport exhaust button but instead I have the emission mode...:)
Oahu bruddah here! I’ve seen another Maui owner do the drive down Haleakala for regenerative charge max. Have you thought of doing that?

Oahu bruddah here! I’ve seen another Maui owner do the drive down Haleakala for regenerative charge max. Have you thought of doing that?
Funny i went to the entry of the park yesterday and I did not sleep moving up... See the amazing efficiency I got back going down, all trip going up and down 6770 feets 226 Wh/Miles!
Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 10.42.39 PM.jpg
IMG_8280.jpg