Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD Non-Performance White Interior Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just heard from my Sales Rep in Pittsburgh area. Said they had just gotten their first MY with white interior and that he suspected we'll receive word on a match for my order over the next week or so. Said I should be able to take delivery by end of month. Ordered LR AWD white with white interior, Gemini, tow hitch and FSD on 2/1/20.

• Informative
Reactions: NevadaFrenchy
Just heard from my Sales Rep in Pittsburgh area. Said they had just gotten their first MY with white interior and that he suspected we'll receive word on a match for my order over the next week or so. Said I should be able to take delivery by end of month. Ordered LR AWD white with white interior, Gemini, tow hitch and FSD on 2/1/20.
Good deal !! Hope mine is soon too,, same spec in Maryland here

Exact same build in CA, will hear it last I bet....

Lots of factors at play here, many out of Tesla's control. Factory shutdown, reduced government workers for car registrations, fewer customer-facing employees
I hear you and I would accept those facts if I wasn't seeing posts on this forum about other order holders receiving calls and texts from Tesla. Customers who have ordered the same configuration (some just months ago)...and didn't put down a $2500 deposit! I appreciate your feedback, but I'm just very frustrated and honestly disappointed with the process.

Reactions: St☰v☰
I hear you and I would accept those facts if I wasn't seeing posts on this forum about other order holders receiving calls and texts from Tesla. Customers who have ordered the same configuration (some just months ago)...and didn't put down a $2500 deposit! I appreciate your feedback, but I'm just very frustrated and honestly disappointed with the process.
It's like there's no method to their madness. Like they have this big drum on a desk and they turn it a few times, open it up, select a buyer, close it up and assign a vin to that buyer and contact them about a delivery, and then repeat the process over and over. I absolutely should not get mine before someone that has had their order in for a year (or so).

I posted this in another thread and am gonna add here.

I think it's important to remember that they are rolling out all across the country at once, and we are only in line behind people in our region. Those in California are in line behind a lot more people and they aren't all on these forums. Whereas someone in Florida or Maryland or Boston may have ordered at a later date but still be closer to the top of the list for their region.

A
I posted this in another thread and am gonna add here.

I think it's important to remember that they are rolling out all across the country at once, and we are only in line behind people in our region. Those in California are in line behind a lot more people and they aren't all on these forums. Whereas someone in Florida or Maryland or Boston may have ordered at a later date but still be closer to the top of the list for their region.

And you know this how? We ordered day1 (or 0 depending on how you look at it). $2,500 down - crickets as far as delivery goes, and seeing others in the northeast getting deliveries that ordered recently. I'm going with the theory they had trouble sourcing 20" wheels, and are filling $100 deposit orders first (they already have $2,500 - why not get the full amount from the $100 people first)

I received my midnight/white interior awd non perf Wednesday and I’m thrilled to say the white is better than I even imagined. It really pops and makes the car special especially because the white and black complement very well together didn’t take a lot of pictures but here are two I took for my wife while I was at delivery to show her

Attachments

• 01FA8DDC-60E5-45AD-8628-C1B2C752CBCD.jpeg
    01FA8DDC-60E5-45AD-8628-C1B2C752CBCD.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 8F5C3499-7D84-4F82-957A-9D904868D4D9.jpeg
    8F5C3499-7D84-4F82-957A-9D904868D4D9.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: powertoold
I received my midnight/white interior awd non perf Wednesday and I’m thrilled to say the white is better than I even imagined. It really pops and makes the car special especially because the white and black complement very well together didn’t take a lot of pictures but here are two I took for my wife while I was at delivery to show her
Great !! When did u order ?

I ordered July 2019 so am one of those 2500 shell out and hold people. I never got any calls or emails even though my account kept progressing. I even did the trade in quote before the factory shut down back in Feb/Mar, all without any communication with Tesla. Got the same email a lot of people got when the factory reopened, then saw my MVPA in the account a few weeks after that. Thats when I actually called my delivery center and chatted on with Tesla support. They all said car was done and being shipped to my destination center. Then in a week i got a text for delivery date. Everything was smooth. My paint except two small areas is perfect, have some alignment issues for both the headlight and taillight and also trunk alignment. Nothing crazy or terrible but because of all the threads on here, I went through the car pretty thoroughly. I have mobile service coming next week to hopefully resolve these small issues.

Its a great car, my wife who wasn't 100% sold is a huge fan after driving and we can't imagine going back to ICE cars. Even though we still have an old Lexus SUV left.

Reactions: powertoold
This is why I'm not changing my order to black interior despite the fact that I'd get my car sooner. It really looks amazing.

Reactions: wasloan
Here’s a few more pictures. They actually had mine parked directly behind a grey X so snapped one for comparison. Since I wanted white interior and grey color I couldn’t add anything else to stay below 55k for nj rebate. I took the cover off the geminis and been driving without them. Although I liked the black rims I think these are fine.

Attachments

• 9417BAD8-4B08-4681-8A43-31033179C3C8.jpeg
    9417BAD8-4B08-4681-8A43-31033179C3C8.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 71
  • D11418AF-F173-47AB-B50A-59154AC698FF.jpeg
    D11418AF-F173-47AB-B50A-59154AC698FF.jpeg
    633.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 14C4A3AA-6CE2-47A3-83A9-0B8CEB29EA77.jpeg
    14C4A3AA-6CE2-47A3-83A9-0B8CEB29EA77.jpeg
    587.5 KB · Views: 79
Here’s a few more pictures. They actually had mine parked directly behind a grey X so snapped one for comparison. Since I wanted white interior and grey color I couldn’t add anything else to stay below 55k for nj rebate. I took the cover off the geminis and been driving without them. Although I liked the black rims I think these are fine.
Thanks for the update and pics, that's my exact config looks amazing!! :)