Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWDs on the way to Canada?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else waiting almost 5 months?
I am into my 5th month - ordered end of June and I have been told (after 4 delivery date changes) that my car is here and is clearing inspection, so I should expect to accept delivery this Saturday Nov 10. I may postpone and wait till XMas :p:p or next year when there will be a new incentive program that I will miss out on again :rolleyes::eek:. I think my bank draft which is dated Sept 20 may be stale dated by the time I get around to handing it over.

Reactions: mahagala
I am into my 5th month - ordered end of June and I have been told (after 4 delivery date changes) that my car is here and is clearing inspection, so I should expect to accept delivery this Saturday Nov 10. I may postpone and wait till XMas :p:p or next year when there will be a new incentive program that I will miss out on again :rolleyes::eek:. I think my bank draft which is dated Sept 20 may be stale dated by the time I get around to handing it over.
I guess we can file it as growing pains. I just wish the DAs would be honest with the delivery dates, I don’t mind waiting but getting delivery dates changed by the week is frustrating.
I think the biggest problem is Tesla Canada needs more autonomy from Fremont such as paper work.

I guess we can file it as growing pains. I just wish the DAs would be honest with the delivery dates, I don’t mind waiting but getting delivery dates changed by the week is frustrating.
I think the biggest problem is Tesla Canada needs more autonomy from Fremont such as paper work.
Definitely logistical growing pains and very poor communication lines. My feeling is the DAs are booking based on what they are told and then have to take the brunt of it when someone farther up the line changes it (or gave inaccurate info to begin with). There are a lot of us on here who have had to deal with these headaches so I feel your pain. I hope it is resolved for you soon!

Definitely logistical growing pains and very poor communication lines. My feeling is the DAs are booking based on what they are told and then have to take the brunt of it when someone farther up the line changes it (or gave inaccurate info to begin with). There are a lot of us on here who have had to deal with these headaches so I feel your pain. I hope it is resolved for you soon!
Hopefully you get your 3 soon as well.
My Vin 107XXX
My wife was saying this summer we would get our 3 in December, I hope she’s wrong.
The longer I wait for delivery, the more I spend on accessories.

Picked up my Model 3 today, car is perfect and fantastic to drive. There was a small issue with the down payment, I was originally given the wrong figure by the Canadian DA and then later the actual figure by the Montreal DA, so had to go back to the bank to replace the draft, but it wasn't a major issue. Was in and out of the SC pretty quickly and spent most of the rest of the day driving it!

Did you get 3 delivery over the weekend?
I’m still waiting but paid for my 3 Friday. I’m hoping to get delivery before my wife goes on vacation to Thailand on the 24th.

Did you get 3 delivery over the weekend?
I’m still waiting but paid for my 3 Friday. I’m hoping to get delivery before my wife goes on vacation to Thailand on the 24th.
Yes happy to report I finally took delivery on Saturday Nov 10th noon at Lawrence. Spent about 45 going over everything. The team there were great and I didn't feel rushed at all, even got my die cast model "surprise" as an early reservation holder. Pretty happy overall and just have to learn how to access all the options now. It's basically like getting a new software program and having to figure out all the menu options. Just want to say thanks to so many on here for the info they have provided and the support. Hoping everyone gets their deliveries soon so that they all can also enjoy actually driving it!!

Yes happy to report I finally took delivery on Saturday Nov 10th noon at Lawrence. Spent about 45 going over everything. The team there were great and I didn't feel rushed at all, even got my die cast model "surprise" as an early reservation holder. Pretty happy overall and just have to learn how to access all the options now. It's basically like getting a new software program and having to figure out all the menu options. Just want to say thanks to so many on here for the info they have provided and the support. Hoping everyone gets their deliveries soon so that they all can also enjoy actually driving it!!
That’s good to hear and I can’t wait join the Tesla family. I’m a little jealous of the EU SC/CCS combo charging outlet on the 3. I hope we can purchase a CCS cable for the 3.

Reactions: PAWilson
Still waiting for delivery The auto carrier in Montreal didn’t load my 3 last week because they couldn’t open the doors “ice”. My DA told me “I asked” my 3 had 80% charge left , I sure hope my battery doesn’t run down because of the cold spell.
9 more days to 6 months waiting since order and 2 weeks paid in full. I guess Elon didn’t secure auto carriers for Canada. My DA suggested I watch Tesla instruction videos while I wait for my 3, I almost bit my tongue off.

So happy to hear you finally got it! It truly is fun to drive. Everyone I've taken for a drive is blown away by the acceleration and handling. I'm about to start my 30 day EAP trial. Wishing I had bought that up front, but if i love it will probably purchase now if they give me the original price. Cheers and have fun with it!

Finally took delivery of my red awd 3 on the weekend
Holy *sugar* this car is awesome!
The writing is definitely on the wall for fossils, there obsolete .
This car is too much fun to drive to enable AP and I can foresee getting my fair share of speeding tickets.
My wife will definitely be ordering the Y.
I’ve got a permanent Tesla smile