Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Baby’s 1st Wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DFEC709B-4FE3-4675-A71B-DC8666468791.jpeg 78AD71EE-475F-46AC-840D-1502CFF3C37D.jpeg
DFEC709B-4FE3-4675-A71B-DC8666468791.jpeg
78AD71EE-475F-46AC-840D-1502CFF3C37D.jpeg
That 2002 Ford Escape next to Tessy in the 2nd photo? My old ride for the last 16 years, “Betsy.”

Betsy, meet Tessy. Tessy, Betsy.

I know you’ve been reliable for 16 years, Betsy, but Tessy has things you don’t, and she doesn’t have an ICE.

She is the future.

I’ll always have fond memories of you, Betsy, but my heart belongs to Tessy now. In fact when I look at her, my heart throbs, and when I drive her, well, my heart skips about three beats because her instant dual-motor torque is something you’ll never have. You just can’t compete, but you’ll always be our first “new” car from 2002.

Motor on, baby!!

Reactions: Bobbo8 and Gavyne
View attachment 354902 View attachment 354903 View attachment 354902 View attachment 354903 That 2002 Ford Escape next to Tessy in the 2nd photo? My old ride for the last 16 years, “Betsy.”

Betsy, meet Tessy. Tessy, Betsy.

I know you’ve been reliable for 16 years, Betsy, but Tessy has things you don’t, and she doesn’t have an ICE.

She is the future.

I’ll always have fond memories of you, Betsy, but my heart belongs to Tessy now. In fact when I look at her, my heart throbs, and when I drive her, well, my heart skips about three beats because her instant dual-motor torque is something you’ll never have. You just can’t compete, but you’ll always be our first “new” car from 2002.

Motor on, baby!!

How many miles did you drive before you washed your Tesla?

I did my first car wash at 180 miles, just 3 hours after delivery. Those 180 miles were driving home through the Flint Hills (rural Kansas) at and just after sunset in summer. The front bumper was a massacre scene with all the dead bugs!
I’ve had great results with Costco’s 5 can of streakless window cleaner, and their 50-or-so package of yellow chamoise cloths. A spray of the foam on the car where there are bugs, whether glass or clear coat over the paint, and then a gentle wipe with a clean chamoise (making sure to grab a clean one if needed) gets those buggers off and leaves the clearcoat and glass sparkling in perfection. And then I wash the chamoise cloths in the washing machine when I’ve got 20-25 dirty ones.