Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Baby needs new shoes soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had 22" tires replaced on my MXP100D and was wondering same. Decided to go with the Pirelli's again -- surprised how inexpensive they were (compared to the 20's for my 2016 7-Series). BTW; is it just me or has Tesla Service gotten waaayyy better over the past year? Scheduled the appointment, dropped off car, received timely updates via text from advisor, notified car was finished early, paid for everything in the app using Apple Pay. It was about as seamless as possible.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the tires and did you get the noise cancelling ones (I assume yes as they are the OEM Perelli's)?

Just had 22" tires replaced on my MXP100D and was wondering same. Decided to go with the Pirelli's again -- surprised how inexpensive they were (compared to the 20's for my 2016 7-Series). BTW; is it just me or has Tesla Service gotten waaayyy better over the past year? Scheduled the appointment, dropped off car, received timely updates via text from advisor, notified car was finished early, paid for everything in the app using Apple Pay. It was about as seamless as possible.

I currently have the OEM Perelli's and have been pretty happy with them (25,000 miles - waaaay better than the Roadster ).

Anyone have replacement suggestions for a Model X Performance (the car lives in Florida)?

I have Continental DWS tires on my 22" wheels and they have been great. They seem to be lower rolling resistance than stock pirellis which translates into better driving efficiency.

• Helpful
Reactions: E Dizzle
I have Continental DWS tires on my 22" wheels and they have been great. They seem to be lower rolling resistance than stock pirellis which translates into better driving efficiency.
I have the same tires too and agree. Great all around tire with a great tread life. What I thinks adds to the efficiency is that they are lighter than the Perelli too.

Reactions: VikH
I'm in the market for new tires too. Been eyeing the Michelin Pilot 4S. The most expensive but they supposedly beat every tire in almost all categories including noise and comfort.

South FL Performance MX with 22s

Here’s my experience with Michelin Pilot 4S. have a ‘16 X P100D, 104k miles. Sofar I have only been using the OEM 22” Pirellis with mixed results. I hesitated in spending $2k for the Michelins. Have about 1000 miles on the Michelins now. I am a pretty critical driver and drive a lot. All I can say is WOW. Performance seems to be about same. But the Pilot 4S are super quiet. Almost amazingly so. Especially on concrete Freeways. Also on my weekly runs from Palm Springs to OC I have noticed I arrive at the office with a greater % remaning on the battery. After a few weeks now I have noticed that i gain around 5-7% in range with the Michelin’s. It basically takes me back to the range I had when the car was new. It does make sense. Noise is friction/energy so less noise is less friction and more range. I am not easily impressed but there is a reason Michelin gets away charging so much more for these tires. If you can get over the $2k then I can highly recommend the switch to Michelin Pilot 4S.