Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back door won’t close or open.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m having a problem with the service department here in Orlando. I have been waiting. Almost 3.5 months to get my car serviced. And I’m not talking about a simple ac filter. The door on the passenger rear will not close. But it will also not open all the way. Every corner I turn the door will move open about 2 inches then stop and close. It won’t latch closed. I have been rescheduled 4 times now. This is unacceptable as I believe it is dangerous. When I message the app to have service contact me via phone nobody responds. With as much as I love my tesla. My ford was a much better build vehicle that never seen the shop.

So I’m having a problem with the service department here in Orlando. I have been waiting. Almost 3.5 months to get my car serviced. And I’m not talking about a simple ac filter. The door on the passenger rear will not close. But it will also not open all the way. Every corner I turn the door will move open about 2 inches then stop and close. It won’t latch closed. I have been rescheduled 4 times now. This is unacceptable as I believe it is dangerous. When I message the app to have service contact me via phone nobody responds. With as much as I love my tesla. My ford was a much better build vehicle that never seen the shop.

The primary problem is you are dealing with Eatonville. They are swamped and delivery up to 30 cars a day. I picked up earlier this week and made an appointment for Nov (!!) to fix a minor cosmetic paint issue. They are understaffed and at a location too small to handle the sales + service load. Clermont S will open soon and hopefully alleviate the mess.

In the meantime, I'd think about visiting Tampa or Merritt Island for service.

As for Ford.. as a Mach-E owner... I hope I never go in for any service. I do not trust Ford techs with an EV as they can barely perform simple firmware updates. Ford needs to build a specialized EV service center.