Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Back to the Future Easter Egg

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tonight when I plugged in my Model 3 to charge I noticed that I had 121 miles remaining range. I checked my app and the Back to the Future Easter egg appeared. I’ll probably never be able to do it again so it was fun to find it without trying.
3DC50615-41AA-46B2-B8FC-C6731D260B23.jpeg
5F4D55B2-9484-4F76-A524-595AA94E788C.jpeg
5F4D55B2-9484-4F76-A524-595AA94E788C.jpeg

I realize that there are very few places that one would legally go 88 mph, but it would be so epic to have the car (when enabled) play the sound of the DeLorean time traveling leading up to 88 and then the final burst of sound when you pass 88. They could also show the view through the windshield of the DeLorean (in the movie) on the touchscreen followed possibly by some burning 'tire tracks' and of course back to the future music.

This would be pretty useful at the drag strip for proper nerds.

Reactions: preilly44
I realize that there are very few places that one would legally go 88 mph, but it would be so epic to have the car (when enabled) play the sound of the DeLorean time traveling leading up to 88 and then the final burst of sound when you pass 88. They could also show the view through the windshield of the DeLorean (in the movie) on the touchscreen followed possibly by some burning 'tire tracks' and of course back to the future music.

This would be pretty useful at the drag strip for proper nerds.

It needs to be like a video game where as soon as you hit 88mph, you can hear doc saying "roads? where we're going, we don't need roads" and the b2tf song playing in the background.

though, if you tetered between 88-89 or 87-88 every other second, this would get pretty annoying

It needs to be like a video game where as soon as you hit 88mph, you can hear doc saying "roads? where we're going, we don't need roads" and the b2tf song playing in the background.

though, if you tetered between 88-89 or 87-88 every other second, this would get pretty annoying

Sure, this would be something that you have to enable like Mars or Santa mode. But anything more movie related happening inside the car when you hit 88 would be epic.