Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backup Assistant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is the right place or if it has been discussed elsewhere (did a quick search, found nothing similar), please move or delete this thread if so

Just read that the new BMW 2019 3 Series G20 has a function of storing the steering movements for any section the car has just driven forward along at no more than 36 km/h, then the car can reverse itself for distances of up to 50 meters along exactly the same line it has just taken when moving forward

BMW Reversing Assistant in the new 2019 3 Series - LIVE DEMO

Wondering if we will have it in our Tesla one day...

My wife would love that feature. I usually turn the wheel to get close to the garage wall and then have to carefully reverse the procedure to get back out. My wife makes me park the 3 so that it backs straight out. I can't maneuver it away from the X. She threatens that she'll hit something if I don't. She complains about the back-in Supercharger spots too.

• Funny
Reactions: Pale_Rider
That would be useless in countries with wide parking space, in Hong Kong, parking or getting into a car park can be just doable with extreme care...

I have to go back and forth two to three times just to back my car into my parking spot without scratching the wall or someone's else car...driving in is simply impossible...