Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 VS 2020 VS 2021 VS 2022 Model 3 Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
N

Newguy95

Sorry If this has already been asked. I'm new to the Ev world and am looking at trading my 18 BMW 330i in on a Tesla Model 3 Long range. I am looking at years 2019-2022. Are there any difference between a between the 4 that make one better than the other? I read that the 21 has a newer interior and a heat pump along with chrome delete. Is the heat pump a big deal? Are there any differences in the 0-60mph time or the batteries them selves? Is the range much better on the 21-22? Also do they all have the 3.0 Computer?

Again sorry if this is all on the forum already.

Yes the heat pump is a big deal, it's more efficient. I think the flat black interior is better on the newer cars, because the older ones had piano black which is a finger print and scratch magnet. The external chrome delete looks better to me. The new cars also have a slightly larger battery pack, so the range is better. They should all have HW 3.0, if the older cars had FSD and took them in for the upgrade. If the newer cars have FSD they will be able to get the HW 4.0 upgrade. I would say get the newest Tesla you can afford (if you don't buy new), that has the longest range. Remember there will be battery degradation with the older cars, so that means less range.

Yes the heat pump is a big deal, it's more efficient. I think the flat black interior is better on the newer cars, because the older ones had piano black which is a finger print and scratch magnet. The external chrome delete looks better to me. The new cars also have a slightly larger battery pack, so the range is better. They should all have HW 3.0, if the older cars had FSD and took them in for the upgrade. If the newer cars have FSD they will be able to get the HW 4.0 upgrade. I would say get the newest Tesla you can afford (if you don't buy new), that has the longest range. Remember there will be battery degradation with the older cars, so that means less range.
I appreciate the feedback! I'm going to look for the 21+ model.

Tesla and Elon.

Perhaps you ment to type "Cant" instead of "can"?

Reactions: android04
Perhaps you ment to type "Cant" instead of "can"?

No, I incorrectly thought I read that the later Tesla's could be upgraded. That was a mistake and not sure why I thought it even could be, because the new hardware has a physically different footprint, per the Munro channel.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life