Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad day with my X. Punctured 2 tires...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, my X got hurt over the weekend. Right side went over something metal and both right front and back tires got punctured. I was quickly towed to the service center and got 2 loaner wheels/tires. They said once the have tires in stock, they will call me (probably Tuesday). Also, both rims got very slightly damaged (not bent, less than 1 cm on each) at the site of tire puncture, but I am afraid they will ask me to buy new rims (really hope not). If I find tires for cheaper, can I just return the loaner wheels within 3 business days? TIA!

Hi guys, my X got hurt over the weekend. Right side went over something metal and both right front and back tires got punctured. I was quickly towed to the service center and got 2 loaner wheels/tires. They said once the have tires in stock, they will call me (probably Tuesday). Also, both rims got very slightly damaged (not bent, less than 1 cm on each) at the site of tire puncture, but I am afraid they will ask me to buy new rims (really hope not). If I find tires for cheaper, can I just return the loaner wheels within 3 business days? TIA!
Sorry to hear that!

You can bring your own tire. One time our 3 had a flat, SC did not have a replacement so put on an 18 wheel despite us having 19s. Two weeks later I got tired of waiting and found my own 19 tire online and had it shipped 2 day. SC initially was going to charge 50 to install but then waived the install fee.

You can bring your own tire. One time our 3 had a flat, SC did not have a replacement so put on an 18 wheel despite us having 19s. Two weeks later I got tired of waiting and found my own 19 tire online and had it shipped 2 day. SC initially was going to charge 50 to install but then waived the install fee.

* I have heard that TireRack will ship to Tesla Service centers and Tesla is OK with that as Tesla tire prices are usually higher for the same tire.
* TireRack tires generally come with 2 years 'Road Hazard Protection' https://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/tires/trhp.html