Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad door missalignment - Crazy long wait for service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long has everyone been waiting for a service appointment to fix issues raised at handover?

I picked up my Model 3 from West Drayton yesterday and the car is absolutely epic. Blown away by everything - the speed (even in my SR+) is absolutely mind blowing, and the interior trim etc was far better than I expected.

That being said there was one thing I raised and that was that the driver's door was mis aligned. It is actually mis aligned so badly that the glass on the door strikes the glass on the door pillar if you open/close the door to quickly which is pretty unnerving...if you did it too hard I reckon it could smash!

image2.jpg

Earliest service appointment was 3rd December in Dartford...the complete opposite side of London. They had others in closer locations such as Park Royal and West Drayton but not until January!

This normal at the moment? How long are others waiting? Do you get given a courtesy car while they are fixing yours?

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
month is about standard unless it's an emergency/danger to drive.

Courtesy car is generally only if they have to keep the car overnight -
I'm surprised they didn't just fixed that at the handover. Did you notify them at the time of picking up the car?

Yeah i just booked one the other day and its not till 3rd December. The closest to me with anything in Nov was Milton Keynes 150 miles away. You never know they might try and move it up for you once they review your request.

month is about standard unless it's an emergency/danger to drive.

Courtesy car is generally only if they have to keep the car overnight -
I'm surprised they didn't just fixed that at the handover. Did you notify them at the time of picking up the car?
Yeah I notified them. It was a fairly late pickup (5pm by the time I actually got first look at the car). The guy there said I had to log a service request in the app.

Might end up as a ranger visit, fingers crossed for you
Hopefully! It’s booked in at the service centre, but does it still mean someone could visit instead?

About 6 weeks. Pickup was West Drayton and its at Brooklands SC right now! 24 hours of having the car I had a security issue with window going down randomly whether regardless of anyone being in the car. They took the car immediately for that issue.

That being said there was one thing I raised and that was that the driver's door was mis aligned. It is actually mis aligned so badly that the glass on the door strikes the glass on the door pillar if you open/close the door to quickly which is pretty unnerving...if you did it too hard I reckon it could smash!

Ouch... could they not look at it to at least making it better whilst you waited?

We got SC visit in couple of weeks from end Sep pickup. Took a few days to book the visit though as it was a follow on from a problem they tried to fix at pickup so needed to be organised by people who knew about that. So 6 weeks or so.

The Tesla technician came today. On time, very friendly & knowledable and fixed the car outside my office in under an hour. He re-aligned the door and window glass and now it's perfect!

Thanks again to DaveW for the email address. Will go direct to the roaming team in the future if there are any issues. SO much quicker than waiting for a SC appointment.

I had the same exact issue on my M3 and noticed when I picked it up late December - on the passenger side-door the glass would hit the pillar unless the window was pulled down before closing. The employees at delivery took note and told me to schedule an appointment since they didn't have any available technicians when I picked up the car that night. Mobile service came to fix it late January, and my technician was able to align the glass, but recommended that I bring the car in to fix the door issue. Apparently, he said it wasn't sitting properly on the hinges, and that was something the Service Center had to fix.

Called up the service center right away and they told me they would need to schedule me and they would call me back. They didn't call me back but I was in no rush, so I called them to schedule an appointment and they had me come in the following week.

Went this morning, and the technicians at the service center measured my doors and said that it was within acceptable measurements, and they were hesitating to take the car in for closer inspection. I showed them pictures, and gave the name of my mobile service technician, and they said that he was a "newer" technician. It didn't sit well with me, so I told them that I'd like for them to take a closer look at it, especially since their mobile service tech recommended that I bring the car in. The passenger door still seemed off to me even after mobile service. It didn't close quite right in comparison to the other doors in the car. It felt like I was forcing the door into the frame. They told me that since the door was in proper specs, they didn't want to mess anything else up, and that the doors just close differently, and that was acceptable. I had said that I would still like for someone to take a closer look since it didn't feel right.They agreed to take it in and said they'd try to get to it today, but also said that they were backed up with the amount of cars that were in for service. I'll find out later today or tomorrow what the issue is, hopefully!

I'm glad they took the car in, but surprised at the amount of push-back I received in getting this service fixed, especially since the car came with these issues at delivery! We'll see what happens.

Ouch... could they not look at it to at least making it better whilst you waited?

We got SC visit in couple of weeks from end Sep pickup. Took a few days to book the visit though as it was a follow on from a problem they tried to fix at pickup so needed to be organised by people who knew about that. So 6 weeks or so.

Well since this thread got resurrected, I'll update this status.

The early Nov visit failed to fix everything, so follow up scheduled for Jan, then, moved to feb and now mid March. So hopefully, if everything fixed, that will be nearly 6 months. And email chain so disjointed I'm not expecting them to have everything they need in stock.

Just want to feel that the car is ours and not needing to go in to fix stuff preventing us from fitting an accessory I ordered way back when. Just after closure on the whole collection fiasco.