Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad luck model x :( window chipped.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I had my model x long range for about 3 weeks now. Within 10 days, the back right light doesn't work and the brake sqeaks really loud. I took it in and they told me that i have to pay to fix both.

I had asked them why my sxm comes on/off and freezes the panel and they can't give me an answer.

Now, i noticed that there is a paint job issue on my falcon door that looks like they didn't sand it correctly. Sadly, i noticed there is a chip on my window that is probably from the one day that I drove on the freeway.

Does anyone know how much it cost to fix this huge panoramic window? I am afraid to even ask...

I had my model x long range for about 3 weeks now. Within 10 days, the back right light doesn't work and the brake sqeaks really loud. I took it in and they told me that i have to pay to fix both.
Why would you have to pay to have a tailight fixed? That is certainly both a warranty and safety issue.

WRT the squeaky brakes. Don't worry about that until you have made a number of stops while pressing down firmly on the brake pedal. Probably just a little rust from a rainstorm or carwash.

I had asked them why my sxm comes on/off and freezes the panel and they can't give me an answer.
What is and SXM. Is this your sat radio? I have no idea. Might search for this in a different thread.

Now, i noticed that there is a paint job issue on my falcon door that looks like they didn't sand it correctly. Sadly, i noticed there is a chip on my window that is probably from the one day that I drove on the freeway.
Show that too them and report it via email with a picture. The rock chip is on you.

Does anyone know how much it cost to fix this huge panoramic window? I am afraid to even ask...
$1400 to $1600 dollars is the numbers I have seen people report. Your insurance might cover it if you want to pursue it.