Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad luck model x :( window chipped.

Milosmama

Oct 24, 2019
Fremont
Hi,

I had my model x long range for about 3 weeks now. Within 10 days, the back right light doesn't work and the brake sqeaks really loud. I took it in and they told me that i have to pay to fix both.

I had asked them why my sxm comes on/off and freezes the panel and they can't give me an answer.

Now, i noticed that there is a paint job issue on my falcon door that looks like they didn't sand it correctly. Sadly, i noticed there is a chip on my window that is probably from the one day that I drove on the freeway.

Does anyone know how much it cost to fix this huge panoramic window? I am afraid to even ask...

aesculus

Still Trying to Figure This All Out
May 31, 2015
Northern California
I had my model x long range for about 3 weeks now. Within 10 days, the back right light doesn't work and the brake sqeaks really loud. I took it in and they told me that i have to pay to fix both.
Why would you have to pay to have a tailight fixed? That is certainly both a warranty and safety issue.

WRT the squeaky brakes. Don't worry about that until you have made a number of stops while pressing down firmly on the brake pedal. Probably just a little rust from a rainstorm or carwash.

I had asked them why my sxm comes on/off and freezes the panel and they can't give me an answer.
What is and SXM. Is this your sat radio? I have no idea. Might search for this in a different thread.

Now, i noticed that there is a paint job issue on my falcon door that looks like they didn't sand it correctly. Sadly, i noticed there is a chip on my window that is probably from the one day that I drove on the freeway.
Show that too them and report it via email with a picture. The rock chip is on you.

Does anyone know how much it cost to fix this huge panoramic window? I am afraid to even ask...
$1400 to $1600 dollars is the numbers I have seen people report. Your insurance might cover it if you want to pursue it.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC