Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad Quality Paint Job

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess this is a typical compliant, as with mine the orange peel effect is pretty bad. Will PPF cover this up? Or do I push the service center to fix it/repaint? Its pretty bad.

PPF can hide some paint defects - light swirls/scratches - but I wouldn't rely on PPF masking orange peel. You could always have someone quickly place a small square of film on the car so you can make a quick judgement call. This would take 2 mins tops and could be immediately removed - if a PPF installer is willing to work with you, I'm sure they would be.

Reactions: clownpuncher
Good (standard) PPF will look like nothing is on the paint, so it won't hide any defects.

That said, if you installed something like a matte finish ppf and wrap the entire car, that could mask stuff.

Orange peel is going to be present on all Teslas (and most other cars). You can take it to a detailer and let them polish it if it really bothers you.

Reactions: clownpuncher
I don't know where you are located, but the SC in Rocklin, CA told me to call the Tesla approved body shop directly. Maybe give them a call and ask for an update ?
I’m in San Diego. I’ve called multiple times and they always give me excuses. I’ve reached the conclusion that they are prioritizing more ‘serious’ issues over my paint blemishes.