Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BADesign Subwoofer Kit For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David.85D

Oct 29, 2016
USA
List price is $895 plus $55 shipping ($950).

$650 including shipping in Continental USA. I'll knock $50 off if you want to pick it up in person near Washington DC. IMG_2094.JPG IMG_2095.JPG IMG_2096.JPG IMG_2097.JPG IMG_2098.JPG IMG_2099.JPG IMG_2100.JPG

https://www.badesignworks.com/online-store/Tesla-Model-S-500W-Sub-Kit-p89213265

I purchased this and installed it in my Model S. Took it out after about 2 weeks. It was way more "thump" than I wanted. I wanted to strengthen the lower end, not shake everything. There are a bunch of knobs and settings. Someone with more experience or patience might have found the sweet spot.

If you really want as much bass as this thing can do, I strongly encourage you to commit to spending some time and money to add sound deadening and sound absorbers to the rear body panels and hatch so they don't vibrate and rattle.

Includes the custom enclosure, the subwoofer, the amp, the LC2i module, the remote, plus some wires and accessories that are shown in the photos. If its not in the picture, it is not included. You will need to buy some wires and a 100A fusible link to position near the battery for safety.

I am including the ground wire that was in the original kit (you will need to provide the positive power wire - 17 feet was enough). I am also including a pair power splitters you can use to clean up the wiring (the one for ground has no fuses. the one for +12V is fused). You can see I mounted the amp and the splitters on a nice piece of plywood that fits under where the subwoofer goes in the rear hatch. You will also need to provide the wires to run from wherever you pickup the speaker signal to the LC2i, and a long patch cable from the LC2i to the amp. (Those weren't in the original kit).