Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ball Hitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would prefer getting an adjustable ball hitch so have the trailer level correctly at the correct height.
See various models and prices depending on the load capacity.

$35 USD - 10" Adjustable Hitch Ball Mount 7,500 Pound Capacity with 4 Levels of rise

10 inch Adjustable Hitch Ball Mount .jpg

$100 USD - LOCAME Adjustable Trailer Hitch

LOCAME Adjustable Trailer Hitch _.jpg

$30 USD - CURT 45036 Trailer Hitch Mount with 2-Inch Ball & Pin

Note: This one has a 8"1/4 offset and the ball could be reverse, but you will get a 2" rise, not a 3/4" rise.
Trailer Hitch Mount with 2-Inch Ball b.jpg

Otherwise, I would recommend looking at e-Trailer and search for Trailer Hitch-Balls

Last edited:
I bought a Curt 45030 ball mount with a 7 1/2" pin-to-ball length, looking at a video from eTrailer on a Model Y this seems to be fine and enough room. Got scared that I would have to return it for an 8 1/2" like Tesla specs, but that doesn't seem to be absolutely required. It has the 3/4" rise you're looking for.

Curt 45030 on a Y with factory hitch video: (Looks like it works perfectly)

>> The Model Y manual says I should use a ball hitch that has a 3/4" rise and is 8.5" from shank hole to pin hole.

I think you you measure the height of your tow hitch and the height of your trailer hitch from the ground,
to determine which drop or rise value you will need to use for your ball hitch.

Not all the trailers use the same wheel diameters and so on, also the MY Performance is lower than the MY AWD.
How to Determine the Proper Rise or Drop of a Ball Mount:

How to Determine the Proper Rise or Drop of a Ball Mount .png

Last edited: