Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bank Rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noflash

Aug 11, 2020
Denver
Listings
It's been awhile since I have researched bank rates. Where are all the threads on this? Are they still allowed?

Is DCU still the lowest? Their website still shows, 1.24% for 65 months. Do you still need to direct deposit your "whole" paycheck to get the rate?

I see Navy Fed has 2.29% for 61-72 months. Any other good deals out there?

You can look at this (locked) thread about bank rates. As to the "is this still allowed" the answer is "sort of but not really... and specifically not DCU due to the exploitation that was going on. So, not really.

• Informative
Reactions: Noflash
It's been awhile since I have researched bank rates. Where are all the threads on this? Are they still allowed?

Is DCU still the lowest? Their website still shows, 1.24% for 65 months. Do you still need to direct deposit your "whole" paycheck to get the rate?

FYI, I don't deposit my whole paycheck (closer to ~2/3) and my rate stayed the same. So I bet there is some wiggle room there.

Would anyone help me join the DCU membership? Although I got a 2.49% from Tesla/Wells Fargo, I would like to apply for DCU for a try. If you would like to recommend me, please send me the link, thank you!

Thanks for enthusiastic friends, I have already got a referral code.

By the way, my EDD has changed again.😂

MYP W/B NO TOW/FSD, OD:10/26 EDD:12/14-12/31 EDD:12/28-12/31 EDD:12/14-12/31 EDD:12/29-12/31

Reactions: Cosmokramer

Just to add some details. for DCU, I had DD set up to send over $350 per pay period (2 per month), and that triggered the qualification for the .50% discount.

So your whole paycheck is not required. 👍

Also PenFed CU was 1.99% and USAA was 1.89% last I checked.

Reactions: Noflash and Kenn014
Just to add some details. for DCU, I had DD set up to send over $350 per pay period (2 per month), and that triggered the qualification for the .50% discount.

Agreed, I also didn't deposit my whole paycheck (between 1/2 and 2/3) and kept the 0.5% discount after the 90 day grace period.

Does anyone know if DCU still offers its 1.24% rate on a refi?

I'm worried I may get taken off hold and need to take delivery quickly. I'm not sure DCU will be able to move quickly enough and was thinking that if I need to get financing right away, I could go with Tesla and then refi w/ DCU afterward.

Does anyone know if DCU still offers its 1.24% rate on a refi?

I'm worried I may get taken off hold and need to take delivery quickly. I'm not sure DCU will be able to move quickly enough and was thinking that if I need to get financing right away, I could go with Tesla and then refi w/ DCU afterward.
Yes, they do. Rate discount of .25% for EV's on top of the rates below.

Your approach was the plan I had until Tesla rate matched to 72 months (they don't rate match any more). Otherwise I would have rolled it into DCU on a Re-Fi.

1639163681024.png

Just double checking, the DD is to the checking account right? I just learned from my SA that Tesla no longer do the rate match.

Yes, they do. Rate discount of .25% for EV's on top of the rates below.

Your approach was the plan I had until Tesla rate matched to 72 months (they don't rate match any more). Otherwise I would have rolled it into DCU on a Re-Fi.

View attachment 742793
Yea , exactly. My plan had been to rate match if I ever ran into timing issues with DCU but that's no longer an option. Looks like I'll go with Tesla financing if there's an issue and then just refi with DCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.