Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Barstow Supercharger - Vegas Baby!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out and back to Vegas from South Orange County this week. 650 miles and free juice the whole way.

The Barstow Supercharger is appropriately located next to a mothballed gas station. Made me smile. Very cold mornings in the desert, but not the least bit concerned about range with heat blasting and driving 70-75.

In Vegas, the Aria and Palazzo will both juice you up at 40A. The Tesla Service Center also has a few HPWA and they are very willing to top you off before leaving.

image.jpg

I just used the Barstow supercharger yet don't recognize this picture. The supercharger is behind the Chili's restaurant. Perhaps the closed gas station in the photo is nearby and I just didn't see it.

I would however like to clarify the Las Vegas charging information you provided. I stayed at the Aria this past weekend thinking the valet could charge my MS60. I learned that they merely have an outlet, not a charger, and that a charging cable is required. I did not bring my charging cable with me as it is bulky and I did not know it was required. However, I met my charging needs at the Bellagio, which last month installed a high speed charger that the valet can use. No charging cable was required.

I called the Las Vegas Tesla service center while there and was told there is a high speed charger available outside its building 24/7. The Las Vegas Supercharger is apparently still being tested and is close to opening.

That gas station is on the backside of the Country Inn hotel if walking to Starbucks.

Over New Years we stayed at Palazzo & velet handled charging, they have a couple 70AMP chargers connected to Roadster cable with Model S adaptors, Palazzo also has public chargers down on P4. I am headed back this weekend for Superbowl & staying there again & not worried about charging.