Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery being replaced - 2016 Model X 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2016 Model X 90D showed a bunch alerts a few days ago (GTW_w018, DI_u014, BMS_f150 and others). The car would not start so it was towed to the closest service center (Miami Gardens, FL).

After a couple of days they stated that the Ancillary Unit was bad and needed to be replaced but it wasn't in stock. The part came in but after testing they realized it was the HV battery.

They ordered the new battery, apparently it is a long wait for new batteries, so the estimated completion is Jan 25, 2023.

I went to get a loaner yesterday and they gave a 2017 or 2018 Model X 100D.

I'm pretty happy that I have a car to drive and I will have a brand new battery. One less thing to worry about once the warranty expires in April 2023.

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
I will be new for me and it will definitely have more capacity that my current one.
Hopefully that is true. There are a few cases where people got refurbs that had less capacity than their failed battery had. (They had to push Tesla to replace the battery again, since the warranty states that warranty replacements will have at least the same capacity as they failed battery had just before it failed.)

I have 2016 Tesla Model X 90D 7 Seater with 230 miles range.. now it's only charging up to 205....it charges up to 225.. but after a few minutes of driving battery drastically goes down to 205 miles... and thinking about battery replacement.. it looks like i wont get much additional range...

I also have MS P85 with original 255 mile range.. i had this one replaced with a "new" battery (remanufactured)... Now the full charge is 305miles... that's an excellent addtion.. I'm hoping i can get better mileage in my MX after batt replacement.

btw, i asked tesla service center.. if they can put 100Kw battery for my MS.. they said they can only replaced my MS P85 with the same battery that it came originally with......i wonder if they cam make any exception..