Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery chemistry - MYP 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to work out a sensible charging routine for a new MYP recently collected. I may be missing something obvious but where do I find out the battery chemistry please. Is it LFP and hence needs "regular" 100% charging or the older chemistry?

Thanks for guidance.

where do I find out the battery chemistry

As said SR are LFP, but I believe its available in the INFO:

Controls > Software > Additional Vehicle Information

If you have an LFP battery it will list "High Voltage Battery type: Lithium Iron Phosphate" and if not there will be "nothing"

Would need confirming from someone that does have a SR as otherwise the "absence" of anything doesn't tell us much! and given no MY SR in UK (if I have that right?) then would have to rely on the info from an M3 SR

Reactions: spon88
As said SR are LFP, but I believe its available in the INFO:

Controls > Software > Additional Vehicle Information

If you have an LFP battery it will list "High Voltage Battery type: Lithium Iron Phosphate" and if not there will be "nothing"

Would need confirming from someone that does have a SR as otherwise the "absence" of anything doesn't tell us much! and given no MY SR in UK (if I have that right?) then would have to rely on the info from an M3 SR

The other obvious indicator of LFP is that the charging slider does not separate "daily" use and "trips" ... it's clear all the way to 100% ... because according to Tesla there is no requirement to limit charging to lower percentages.