Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Cooling Systems Runs Constantly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My battery cooling system seems to run constantly.

If my car is sitting in the garage and I walk by with the fob and the door handles come the cooling system starts running and runs for hours before shutting off.

When I come back from a drive regardless of length or outside temperatures the cooling system runs for hours.

I had my one year service last week and brought this up and the answer was that the system was working within parameters.

This would make sense in hot weather or when charging but this happens in cool or moderate weather and when the car has been sitting for long periods of time.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

My battery cooling system seems to run constantly.

If my car is sitting in the garage and I walk by with the fob and the door handles come the cooling system starts running and runs for hours before shutting off.

When I come back from a drive regardless of length or outside temperatures the cooling system runs for hours.

I had my one year service last week and brought this up and the answer was that the system was working within parameters.

This would make sense in hot weather or when charging but this happens in cool or moderate weather and when the car has been sitting for long periods of time.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?
If what you are describing is accurate, that certainly doesn't sound right. Plugged in or not, when I open the door, the HVAC comes on. When the car locks, it shuts off.

Two factors could be smart preconditioning and cabin overheat protection. Neither should be active in the scenarios you describe, but it might be worth making sure both are turned off and seeing if the problem remains.

my HVAC has been running after i park it in the garage for a couple hours lately as well. I consider that normal. its over 90+ degrees in my garage and im sure the battery is burning after a long drive and coming home to charge.