Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Day

Wait to order after battery day 2020?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys!

I finally took the plunge and ordered my Model X.

Long range - White - black interior - 22s Wheels.ugust delivery

I coming from an Audi E-Tron S55 Launch Edition, so not my first car but first Tesla.

Question: I am looking at August delivery (UK) or there about. But I see that battery day is now 15th September.

Range is the reason I am moving from the E-tron, I currently get 200 real life miles, but I need more and a better charge infrastructure. I am about to commit to a new project that means I will be driving 260 miles every 2 weeks.

I know I can get there with the the model x long range I have ordered brand new. But do you think there will be any new changes to the model x after the battery day event? As in do you think there will be a anything physically different about the X after battery day that would be worth holding back and waiting for?

The reason I ask is as for me range is everything now and I would be a bit annoyed if they released a slightly bigger battery capable of 400+ miles or something that was unique to the post battery day model x, having just bought one 2 or 3 weeks before. Maybe I should hold back?

This (MY LR) will be our first Tesla. We have a Bolt. Very nice, reliable (and well put together!) little car. But we need a long distance EV. Hoping for an option of added range (400 miles?). Will gladly pay more for same. Not that I plan on doing 400 mile rides without stopping, it's just that charging up an EV to 75% is a heck of a lot quicker than adding more juice, and a 400 mile range would mean I'd do quick 300 mile "fill-ups!"

Rich

Just received the call to say I have been matched with a Model X LR and its on a boat to somewhere in Europe and then it will be sent on to the UK.
She said that it should be with me mid to last September! That is exactly around 22nd September (Battery day)

If there are any changes announced for the Model X on battery day surely they would not supply a car within few days without the changes.. Yes I know if they announce any at all!

My small worry is that I get the car 8 days or so prior to battery day then I can't use the 7 day period allowed to extend collecting the car from notice its available. I would have to collect the car and then I might find out there is a change post battery day news!

I could cancel now but then run the risk there being no change to the Model X and I would haver to wait until December if I was lucky!

I think I am just going to go with it and hopefully my delivery will be post 22nd September and then I will know what this big mystery is all about and if its a big Model X change then cancel or maybe my car might have the update.

My thinking is that Battery day was originally April (I think?) so they where ready to announce the news 5 months ago, surely if there is an update any and all cars post 22nd September delivery should have them., Or NOT!

Just received the call to say I have been matched with a Model X LR and its on a boat to somewhere in Europe and then it will be sent on to the UK.
She said that it should be with me mid to last September! That is exactly around 22nd September (Battery day)

If there are any changes announced for the Model X on battery day surely they would not supply a car within few days without the changes.. Yes I know if they announce any at all!

My small worry is that I get the car 8 days or so prior to battery day then I can't use the 7 day period allowed to extend collecting the car from notice its available. I would have to collect the car and then I might find out there is a change post battery day news!

I could cancel now but then run the risk there being no change to the Model X and I would haver to wait until December if I was lucky!

I think I am just going to go with it and hopefully my delivery will be post 22nd September and then I will know what this big mystery is all about and if its a big Model X change then cancel or maybe my car might have the update.

My thinking is that Battery day was originally April (I think?) so they where ready to announce the news 5 months ago, surely if there is an update any and all cars post 22nd September delivery should have them., Or NOT!
Your situation is definitely unique considering you're all the way over in the UK. I don't think the new batteries and powertrains are in production at the moment. I'd definitely count that 7 day return period should something new be announced. Good Luck!