Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought Battery Day was quite good. Although I didn't understand 90% of what Drew and Elon were saying, I felt like I learned so much. I think the future is very bright for Tesla. How can anyone hate such a company that's trying to better the world? It never makes sense to me.

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy
How can anyone hate such a company that's trying to better the world? It never makes sense to me.

Several reasons I can think of ...

- Change is scary and different
- Machismo - we've all been trained that loud grumbly engines are 'badass'.
- Vested interests in the status quo
- Lack of understanding - things people don't understand, they believe to be false.

Look, we still have a non-zero contingent of people who think the Earth is flat. Expecting them to understand thermodynamics and material science is an exercise in futility.

Reactions: HyperionMark
I sympathize with you for sure. My advice here at TMC has been, and continues to be ... if you like it, buy it. No sense chasing ghosts. I learned that in the tech biz a very long time ago; if it fits the need now, better to buy and enjoy it than wait for the maybes.

We bought our X at the end of June and I had several people tell me (politely) that was a poor decision. They were - and are - wrong. Even if something mind blowing was announced today, I’d still have no regrets. It’s been a fantastic vehicle and we enjoy the daylights out of it. 11k miles in 3 months - including a monster road trip that wouldn’t have happened if we hadn’t pulled the trigger.

So I totally sympathize and suggest you pick one up to salve the pain!
Couldn’t agree more. I’ve had mine for two weeks now. No regrets and I love it.