Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any guesses about whether the price of the Model X will go up or down after battery day? Will we still be able to order the current Raven or will it be something else?
Also about to buy an X now and have been thinking about exactly this. Prices will definitely go up for the performance model IMO if they start making the Plaid drivetrain, because it will be a lot better and it will be worth to pay more. If they launch higher range versions that will be more expensive too. For the rest of the lineup I guess it all depends if there is a refresh or not. Do we know if there will be?

Also about to buy an X now and have been thinking about exactly this. Prices will definitely go up for the performance model IMO if they start making the Plaid drivetrain, because it will be a lot better and it will be worth to pay more. If they launch higher range versions that will be more expensive too. For the rest of the lineup I guess it all depends if there is a refresh or not. Do we know if there will be?

I would wait if you can, you just never know.

33E11D0E-CCD7-465D-898C-513D1F89D6E5.jpeg

Something is happening

One of many videos about X....I have been hearing this for a few months.

Ahh, the cesspool called youtube. All it takes is one narcissistic knucklehead to record themselves for 10 minutes taking about some crazy theory, and then a dozen other narcissistic knuckleheads copy it and repeat the same thing. Make sure you mash that like button ...

My point is, the people that make this crap don’t know anything more than you or I do. They just have fancier intro music, and maybe a logo.

Gotta look past the end of your nose. I’m glad someone is actually trying to make a better planet because goodness knows nobody else seems to be.

When I am looking to buy now I dont need to look beyond my nose.

And yes, I am happy that Tesla is making strides but that doesn't help me now. I have been waiting for 9 months to buy an X and passed up and so many good deals.

Nobodies fault but my own.

When I am looking to buy now I dont need to look beyond my nose.

And yes, I am happy that Tesla is making strides but that doesn't help me now. I have been waiting for 9 months to buy an X and passed up and so many good deals.

Nobodies fault but my own.

I sympathize with you for sure. My advice here at TMC has been, and continues to be ... if you like it, buy it. No sense chasing ghosts. I learned that in the tech biz a very long time ago; if it fits the need now, better to buy and enjoy it than wait for the maybes.

We bought our X at the end of June and I had several people tell me (politely) that was a poor decision. They were - and are - wrong. Even if something mind blowing was announced today, I’d still have no regrets. It’s been a fantastic vehicle and we enjoy the daylights out of it. 11k miles in 3 months - including a monster road trip that wouldn’t have happened if we hadn’t pulled the trigger.

So I totally sympathize and suggest you pick one up to salve the pain!