Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

battery fuse requires replacement soon? what is this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Canadian Nov 2016 MS under warranty. Just got the message and booked service in Toronto at no cost. Cheers to Tesla! This is the sort of service that tempts existing owners to continue buying Teslas. The other strong incentive is transfer of FSD to newly purchased vehicles...

A fuse that stops working after some amount of years, that isn't user servicable, and requires a visit to the manufacturer? Certainly doesn't inspire confidence in the other parts of the car for me..

Found this thread when this message popped up on my car this morning. This is the first Tesla (Model X, P100D) I’ve owned. I bought it used two months ago and am quickly regretting my purchase. In the last two weeks alone, I’ve been getting an intermittent message for a rear seat restraint failure, the passenger front heated seat stopped working, and the charge port stopped functioning properly (very scary on an electric car) and now this. I have the XCare warranty, no idea if any of this will be covered.