Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a 2016 Model S 90D with 93k miles. I am quite pleased with it so far. Everything is working fine with only a few cosmetic issues. I also still have a battery warranty until June 2024.

I was wondering, after this battery has bit the dust (while out of warranty), would it be possible to purchase a new battery but with new technology and not the same as what originally came with the car. For example, if my model was manufactured with 18650 batteries, could I get upgraded to 2170s or whatever is the newest and best?

The latest greatest battery tesla would put in your car is the 1014116-00-c
I've made a video charging it shortly after I got it in my 85d car
It still uses 18650 batteries instead of 16 modules there's only 14 running at 350v
If you want a 100d battery tesla won't install it, however a 3rd party place will do it.

Reactions: KalJoMoS
Yes, but as stated, all Model S's still use the 18650 cells. New HV battery will cost around $20k through your Tesla Service Center, Pic is of recent out of warranty replacement I got. New HV battery.jpg

Does 057 swap out all the 18650s in your pack or do they just test each 18650 and add new 18650s. I just did their calculator based on my VIN and both my 2012 P85 and 2015 P85DL would cost about 20K. That might be a little less expensive than Tesla but it isn't Tesla and I'm not sure about the warranty.

057 is most likely out of business. The building is empty and the LLC is dissolved. Jason has only responded with "I can't explain because of the lawyers". There are many owners who need warranty service that aren't being taken care of.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H