Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay area folks: Are you still waiting to hear re: delivery after configuring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are going to have to take a pic and post when you finally get your car..yours is a long wait sir.

If not when. Dunno why I did not yet cancel. This is f**** stupid. Yes I *sugar* post about Tesla much but wanted them generally to succeed. Now I feel not so sure. They hold my $$ for 77 days with nothing now what?? Unable even to send me a stupid mail. When the car needs service will they do just the same again??

So f*** stupid

Did not have to do anything, they just said they would be calling to schedule a home delivery tomorrow, I really was not given a choice, although I probably could have asked if I preferred to pick up.

Curious how they decide this ... I'm also in SF, but was a given a choice of Fremont or Sacramento (the car is nowhere here, but other than that)

Curious how they decide this ... I'm also in SF, but was a given a choice of Fremont or Sacramento (the car is nowhere here, but other than that)
I'm curious too... My ISA told me that delivery has been scheduled for Fremont (10 more hours!). I'm in Almaden Valley so it's not too far out of the way for home delivery but I guess they are scheduling what they think works out best for them. So far my ISA has only missed sending one email that she said would be coming; she is helping me with getting my personalized plates (<-- there on the left) assigned to me car.

• Love
Reactions: jbcarioca
I'm curious too... My ISA told me that delivery has been scheduled for Fremont (10 more hours!). I'm in Almaden Valley so it's not too far out of the way for home delivery but I guess they are scheduling what they think works out best for them. So far my ISA has only missed sending one email that she said would be coming; she is helping me with getting my personalized plates (<-- there on the left) assigned to me car.
I really like your plates! I’m transferring mine from my S. Not Bay area anymore...

FWIW the Fremont delivery process is a mess. My ISA who is a very nice newbie can't confirm that the Friday morning appointment will or will not happen. Still have not sent me link to make car payment or contract and Wed is July 4th holiday.

Now that they rushed to make the 5000 number they have a bunch of cars without the resources to get them to those of us that are waiting 2+ yrs. Bunch of armature idiots ! That is why they are now offering "home delivery" in the bay area.

My three year old could have seen that problem coming, but not Elon Musk.

I thought picking Fremont would be the best choice that's where they build the cars. Maybe I should have picked Rocklin and some Aero wheels.

I am not changing configs then I would get blamed for making a config change.

I thought picking Fremont would be the best choice that's where they build the cars. Maybe I should have picked Rocklin and some Aero wheels.

I should clarify....the real mess is the links between my Las Vegas ISA, the tesla account website, and the Fremont delivery folks. For example:

(1) account had wrong DOB and it took my ISA two days to figure out how to fix it. It would not let me change anything
(2) the contract and the payment link never showed up on my account page -- even two business days before delivery appointment
(3) it took two days for my ISA to figure out why -- apparently the account page system is swamped so he sent payment instructions via e-mail
(4) all above took me the customer proactively telling ISA they have a problem -- never have I worked to hard to give a company over $50K - disgusting.
(5) So now we wait to see if they get the car to us when we show up Friday in Fremont

So beware that now the bottleneck is getting payments and delivering the cars. My wife wants to cancel the whole thing as she fears that the one that gets delivered is not a lemon.

• Informative
Reactions: daver6640
I got a call today from my ISA and they said Home Delivery is my only option. I asked for pick up at the Fremont hub but they said my home is assigned for home delivery. I wanted the whole Tesla pick up experience. He said I could get a free tour of the factory if I wanted to after I get the car. I just wanted the damn car so I said fine, ok, I'll take home delivery. So I'm getting the car delivered to my house on Friday, July 13th!!

White/LR/PUP/19" Sport/EAP

I got a call today from my ISA and they said Home Delivery is my only option. I asked for pick up at the Fremont hub but they said my home is assigned for home delivery. I wanted the whole Tesla pick up experience. He said I could get a free tour of the factory if I wanted to after I get the car. I just wanted the damn car so I said fine, ok, I'll take home delivery. So I'm getting the car delivered to my house on Friday, July 13th!!
White/LR/PUP/19" Sport/EAP
So it would appear that you will receive your car before others in the que who ordered before you but your invite was before us (2/22).... which means that Tesla is giving priority based on when you were invited; not when you order? If i had waited to order on June 30th than i would have jumped in front of all those who ordered on June 27th? Wow! no wonder we are forgotten....so many who had early invites decided to order in may /june to make sure they got in on time for various reasons and those of us that actually ordered in April have been pushed to the curb and forgotten....:(:rolleyes:o_O