Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay area folks: Are you still waiting to hear re: delivery after configuring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the call this morning. My Red / LR / Aero car will be delivered to my house on the SF peninsula between 6-8am Thursday 7/12.
Just yesterday afternoon was the first time I had heard from an ISA; recommending I finish adding my wife's license info and my insurance info, and confirming my details.
So I filled out a USAA loan app and provided the info last night, got the call + appointment this AM.

3/31 Stanford mall line person, invited to config around 3/22, configured around 5/16, got the July delay email on 5/20.

Congratulations! What is the VIN, if you don't mind sharing.

I'm sure a lot of folks will be glad to hear the red cars are starting to showing up around here :)

Just got the call this morning. My Red / LR / Aero car will be delivered to my house on the SF peninsula between 6-8am Thursday 7/12.
Just yesterday afternoon was the first time I had heard from an ISA; recommending I finish adding my wife's license info and my insurance info, and confirming my details.
So I filled out a USAA loan app and provided the info last night, got the call + appointment this AM.

3/31 Stanford mall line person, invited to config around 3/22, configured around 5/16, got the July delay email on 5/20.
Good and congrats! Finally some red config progress.

I'm 72 days waiting as of today...
@bgbolton 76 Days waiting...
@daver6640 64 days waiting...
anyone else?
Pure speculation...do you think us having all of our boxes checked might be delaying us too? We have the same config, same location, same all boxes checked. I wonder what the ISA sees in their reports. I would assume common sense dictates that having all boxes checked would be ideal and fast delivery but clearly with Tesla all of that goes out the door.

Congratulations! What is the VIN, if you don't mind sharing.

I'm sure a lot of folks will be glad to hear the red cars are starting to showing up around here :)

No idea. I don't even know where it would show up. I tried the Tesla store charger shopping cart hack a handful of times last month but it never worked. It doesn't obviously show up in my account, my 'car' still shows up as a Reservation Number.

Pure speculation...do you think us having all of our boxes checked might be delaying us too? We have the same config, same location, same all boxes checked. I wonder what the ISA sees in their reports. I would assume common sense dictates that having all boxes checked would be ideal and fast delivery but clearly with Tesla all of that goes out the door.

Who knows. I hadn't put in my insurance info or wife's driver's license, and the ISA reached out to me and encouraged me to fill it out, and as soon as I did magically I had a call about a delivery date.. *shrug* I only configured the car ~7 weeks ago, but I was invited to configure back around March 22, so maybe that impacts the priority somehow.

No idea. I don't even know where it would show up. I tried the Tesla store charger shopping cart hack a handful of times last month but it never worked. It doesn't obviously show up in my account, my 'car' still shows up as a Reservation Number.

Who knows. I hadn't put in my insurance info or wife's driver's license, and the ISA reached out to me and encouraged me to fill it out, and as soon as I did magically I had a call about a delivery date.. *shrug* I only configured the car ~7 weeks ago, but I was invited to configure back around March 22, so maybe that impacts the priority somehow.
Wow! March 22nd That is a long time and you are in the bay area.

3/31/16 online reservation
4/18/18 invite
5/8/18 configure
July delay email, no other contact from ISA
LR RWD, Pearl White, 18" wheels, EAP

Had all possible boxes checked, Edit button disappeared for a couple days last week, but came back randomly :(
Really hoping there's a good reason red/white cars aren't being delivered to Bay Area residents, meanwhile people on the east coast are getting VIN's a few days after configure. Keeping my fingers crossed this is the week!

Reactions: MissyMcBee
FWIW the LV based ISA are helpless. Their system gives them little access to the kinds of things we want answered. And they cannot do even some basic things, like change an incorrect DOB in the configuration -- have to call or e-mail someone to do it. My guy is nice but a newbie and admitted that many ISAs are just overwhelmed and often are getting the same mushroom treatment about the answers that we all want.

We need Elon to be sleeping in the ISA call center as Tesla seems to be incapable of doing anything well unless he personally bird-dogs it. How could they not plan to efficiently deliver what they promised they were making -- is it a surprise to them that they need to figure out how to deliver 5,000 M3s if that is what they manufacture!

Reactions: Trevor B
FWIW the LV based ISA are helpless. Their system gives them little access to the kinds of things we want answered. And they cannot do even some basic things, like change an incorrect DOB in the configuration -- have to call or e-mail someone to do it. My guy is nice but a newbie and admitted that many ISAs are just overwhelmed and often are getting the same mushroom treatment about the answers that we all want.

We need Elon to be sleeping in the ISA call center as Tesla seems to be incapable of doing anything well unless he personally bird-dogs it. How could they not plan to efficiently deliver what they promised they were making -- is it a surprise to them that they need to figure out how to deliver 5,000 M3s if that is what they manufacture!
Good to know. They are obviously overwhelmed and don’t have the tools / permission to make changes. Who is in charge of the ISAs? I think the only people that have access to escalate certain situations with Tesla are owners but not sure. I think that most us just want our cars but if Tesla can improve on this then others will benefit. Although I feel we have sacrificed enough by delaying our cars to avoid hitting 200k in Q2 :rolleyes:

52 minutes on the phone with the 888 number. 39 minutes for the initial contact with a live person. No info, No Vin, No Vehicle in production but she was very nice and put me on hold several times to check on status of my order and whether or not adding the self driving for $3K would delay my production. She said Self driving will not delay production and does not remove me from the que (fingers crossed) so i added it. She asked if there was anything else she could help with and i asked for... "Therapy;)"

Reactions: daver6640
Here's my info:
I reserved 11/17, ordered 6/28/18 and am getting delivery on 7/14/18 at Fremont Delivery center (notified today by email).
Blue RWD, Aero, LR,PUP, EAP
Totally unprepared for this to happen so fast. Waiting on VIN, but appt just showed up in my Tesla Account.
Hope you all get yours soon!

52 minutes on the phone with the 888 number. 39 minutes for the initial contact with a live person. No info, No Vin, No Vehicle in production but she was very nice and put me on hold several times to check on status of my order and whether or not adding the self driving for $3K would delay my production. She said Self driving will not delay production and does not remove me from the que (fingers crossed) so i added it. She asked if there was anything else she could help with and i asked for... "Therapy;)"
That’s sucks! No production yet...I was hoping they had stashed some vehicles in the Bay Area and would get assigned. I just hope they don’t start focusing on AWD and Performance and forget about us (we are already forgotten).

I agree! i'm not a big twitter fan but i just started tweeting...let's see if i can get an Elon response :p
That would be awesome if you did get his attention! He has so much in his plate that you would have to get him at the right time. He has worked his butt off to focus on production but then comes the delivery process.

If Tesla refined mass distribution platforms some ideas might be:

Send email with what to expect for M3 deliveries - watching videos
This would minimize time spent on delivering cars.

For Northern Cali or Southern Cali set up huge area like arena / Convention Center to deliver cars similar to Canada.

Set up hotline not some generic phone number so that people that have configured M3 could have questions answered. Even chat feature on line.

I hate dealerships too but at least you have somewhere to go to ask questions. Turning off they phones is not a good long term solution.

For Northern Cali or Southern Cali set up huge area like arena / Convention Center to deliver cars similar to Canada.
Set up hotline not some generic phone number so that people that have configured M3 could have questions answered. Even chat feature on line.
I hate dealerships too but at least you have somewhere to go to ask questions. Turning off they phones is not a good long term solution.
I love the chat line idea so that people on here who have simple questions or modifications can make them quickly and efficiently.... Elon has an amazing vision and i wish that his execution could be better but he also has so many forces against him. Hopefully he can find some competent leadership to see his vision through...

LR/RWD, RED, 18", EAP

Reserved 4/1/2016, configured immediately when they popped it for everyone on the 27th(was refreshing the page that day)

Not a word from ISA yet.. Definitely feels like there is some issue with red cars. I had a buddy already get his delivery call who both reserved AND ordered after me but chose MSM. Then you see things like this... Tesla on Twitter and we get to see how few reds they are sending out of the factory when really it should be closer to 20% of them being red based on surveys.

Is it possible they purposely made less red since they are multi-coat and by nature take longer to paint in order to hit their 5000 goal?

LR/RWD, RED, 18", EAP

Reserved 4/1/2016, configured immediately when they popped it for everyone on the 27th(was refreshing the page that day)

Not a word from ISA yet.. Definitely feels like there is some issue with red cars. I had a buddy already get his delivery call who both reserved AND ordered after me but chose MSM. Then you see things like this... Tesla on Twitter and we get to see how few reds they are sending out of the factory when really it should be closer to 20% of them being red based on surveys.

Is it possible they purposely made less red since they are multi-coat and by nature take longer to paint in order to hit their 5000 goal?

Seeing as how I haven't received my MSM that I configured on 4/20, I don't think the problem is isolated to red vehicles.