Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay area folks: Are you still waiting to hear re: delivery after configuring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@daver6640 OMG!!!! I just went in to change my preference to include a trade-in (to see if edit link would show up) and this time it wanted to text me a number (for trade in info) and the edit link is GONE! Can it be ? Did my TWEETS work? I HOPE SO!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....I feel like i'm about to explode with excitement and i've got nothing else to go on! LMAO!! Yes, i still need therapy:):D;):p:D

Progress? Edit button disappeared on it's own for me ... didn't change anything (Payment/Trade-in still shows pending)

I last checked on Wednesday, it was still there at the time.

Progress? Edit button disappeared on it's own for me ... didn't change anything (Payment/Trade-in still shows pending)

I got the ISA email that morning at 11:13am letting me know to prepare for delivery soon... I emailed him back at 2 and nothing since. I expect it will take a good week or more to communicate since they don’t appear to like to call folks... :rolleyes: (I guess it also depends on which ISA you get)

I would say progress yes indeed. I would almost be happy with email that had Tesla on it even if it were to try and sell me solar panels (I have solar panels lol).

Hopefully soon

I will be in the Bay Area (Oakland) on Thursday July 12th for a meeting. I am thinking of stopping by the Fremont Delivery Center. I want to see if there are Reds and Whites there.
Great idea! @bgbolton I hope you get some communication and relief soon! Tweet silly tweets about where’s my car tweets... count what the hours, minutes days seconds are.... it’s not negative... it’s just staying facts...:p

Reactions: daver6640
Here is a screen shot of my email

Never trust somebody who uses a lot of commas ;)

Reserved 3/31/16 at Palo Alto Tesla dealer
Invite to configure: 3/27/18
Config: 6/17 Red, Sport, PUP, LR
All green checks except financing (using outside)
Edit button disappeared late yesterday
Just called Tesla (answered in less than 10 mins) and confirmation of VIN/ISA assigned to me. Was told ISA should be in touch next week and while no promises should expect delivery within next 2 weeks.

Congratulations. What's the VIN#? That's my exact config :)

Looks like it's better to call them vs waiting for a call (once the edit button disappears)?

I took delivery today in Fremont. I'm surprised it came to mind but I did actually think to look for any Red or White Model 3s in the lot and didn't see any. Place was pretty busy. If they paint in batches, I'd say they just did Blue and MSM recently.

The car really is worth the wait- just hang in there!

I also believe they did a batch of Blue M3s that completed production around June 28th. I got my VIN that day and had configured 5/20 and am taking delivery in Fremont on Tuesday. I didn't get a payment link yet but, my ISA sent me a draft of the MVPA

For those unhappy with the lack of communication and the blackhole of information about status and timelines make sure you respond to the post delivery survey e-mail.

I did and was astounded that they asked to be rated on communication and responsiveness. The fact that they need a survey to figure out that they are worse than DMV and Comcast in customer service is laughable. And for a $60K product -- Amazon does it for a $25 product.

I responded and pointed out that with the Federal Credit expiring soon I will not recommend M3 purchase to any friends until Tesla solves the delivery process....even if it means Elon has to sleep in the delivery center. Shocking that no one thought in advance how to deliver 5,000K M3s a week when they figure out how to make them.

And to top everything off on drive back from Fremont the notification/ warning light came on that the washer fluid was low.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trevor B