Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay area folks: Are you still waiting to hear re: delivery after configuring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those unhappy with the lack of communication and the blackhole of information about status and timelines make sure you respond to the post delivery survey e-mail.

I did and was astounded that they asked to be rated on communication and responsiveness. The fact that they need a survey to figure out that they are worse than DMV and Comcast in customer service is laughable. And for a $60K product -- Amazon does it for a $25 product.

I responded and pointed out that with the Federal Credit expiring soon I will not recommend M3 purchase to any friends until Tesla solves the delivery process....even if it means Elon has to sleep in the delivery center. Shocking that no one thought in advance how to deliver 5,000K M3s a week when they figure out how to make them.

And to top everything, on drive back from Fremont the notification/ warning light came on that the washer fluid was low.

Reserved 3/31/16 at Palo Alto Tesla dealer
Invite to configure: 3/27/18
Config: 6/17 Red, Sport, PUP, LR
All green checks except financing (using outside)
Edit button disappeared late yesterday
Just called Tesla (answered in less than 10 mins) and confirmation of VIN/ISA assigned to me. Was told ISA should be in touch next week and while no promises should expect delivery within next 2 weeks.

UPDATE: Received the "Let's Get Ready for Delivery" email from ISA at 10:57 this morning. Game on!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: daver6640
Waiting o_O

Reserved: February 2017
Invited to Configure/Configured: 6/28/18
White LR with 18" Aero's and Enhanced Autopilot
Paying cash with no trade in.
Edit button gone after all checkmarks turned green

Got an email today from my ISA that I've been assigned a VIN! Pick up will be the Rocklin delivery center. Vin # 43XXX. Looks like the Pearl White's may have started rollin in?