Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay area folks: Are you still waiting to hear re: delivery after configuring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supporting and getting support from my fellow Tesla peeps was incredibly helpful and cathartic! Cheers and let us know how delivery and your nice drive home goes! I just made my PPF appointment and can’t for them to paint correct and polish her! She will look so pretty!! :p

Nice car ...

Where are you getting PPF done (anything else?). Mind letting us know approx cost ... trying to decide :)

Is this the checklist you used?

Last edited:
In my case I had 5 days from receiving the VIN to picking up my car. And two of those days was the weekend.

Virtually every car insurance company in the country will cover your new car if you wreck it driving it off the lot.
I often don't bother getting the new vehicle added until the day I pick it up or the day before. Sure, better safe than sorry, but it's not strictly necessary.

Anyway, I finally got an update yesterday-- got my 2nd VIN!
A lot of the confusion with my bank situation was because my ISA was out. He's back now, and confirmed USAA is no problem. New pick-up is Thursday AM in Fremont; I'd have to wait another week for home delivery. So ultimately (assuming we get the car Thursday), the delay was only by 1 week.

Basically, the car we were assigned had some software problems they were not able to sort out, so they just assigned us a new car. Went from a 21xxx VIN to a 37xxx, if memory serves correctly. Still waiting for the delivery docs on the new one to e-sign but we've got a couple of days.

Hi
I got an email stating that I have a VIN!, and I can pick up in the Fremont location on 21/Jun. BUT, I don't see the VIN# on the Tesla webpage. Where would I find this?

I now need to prep for "things to check for" prior to Saturday.

I would ask your ISA for the VIN, the website is very, VERY SLOW to update at times. My cousin got her 3 and a few days later it still showed her waiting on delivery. It was a good week AFTER she owned the car before the VIN showed. She would have been to busy driving to notice this but I am obsessive and made her check things out for me :) I sorta lived through her delivery and I think it made the wait worse not better. I still dont have a delivery date yet :(

Virtually every car insurance company in the country will cover your new car if you wreck it driving it off the lot.
I often don't bother getting the new vehicle added until the day I pick it up or the day before. Sure, better safe than sorry, but it's not strictly necessary.
Probably so but I didn't want to risk any delays in the delivery process. Allstate emailed me a temporary card showing that I had the car already on my policy before my delivery appointment.

If so, please share details.

Me:

LR/RWD, Red, 19", EAP
Reserved April 2 2016, configured 6/27
ETA: Sep '18 - Nov '18

FYI, My brother (a non-Tesla owner) reserved a model 3 one year and 2 months ago. Received an invite on 7/2nd. He placed the order on the same day. His M3 (LR, PUP, 19 “ sports wheels and pearl white color) is to be delivered in Rocklin, Sacramento area this fri 7/20 at 2pm.

Reserved 4/1/16
Invited 6/27/18
Configured 6/28/18 (Solid Black/LR/PUP/Aero/No EAP)
Scheduled Delivery 7/20/2018
VIN #264XX

I have a co-worker that is getting delivery next week and her VIN is 47XXX . Am I getting a rejected car? Should I be concerned? Delivery is going to a home delivery...What should I look for as I take delivery other than paint issues?

Appreciate all the help!