TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bay Area to Carlsbad - Road Trip

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Tslanwbie, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Tslanwbie

Tslanwbie Member

Friends,

I am picking up my new Model S75 on Thursday. I am planning to celebrate the car and Father's day with a road trip to Carlsbad to visit Legoland with a friend and our two 5 YO boys.

Any tips? What SC's should I visit. We are going to stay on Friday night and Saturday night at the Hilton in Carlsbad, would you know of any place I could do overnight charging?

Thanks!!

2. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Legoland has charging at the hotel. Not sure if you have to be a guest, but it's worth calling them to ask.

• Like x 1
  3. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S / Model X Forums

Congratulations on the new car and that's a great road trip! You might want to check out this thread from the California sub-forum on this very topic:

Bay Area to Disney and LEGOland. Any tips?

My trip report is in post #23, but the TL;DR: Southbound on I-5 using Harris Ranch, Tejon Ranch, and Buena Park, stayed at a Courtyard by Marriott that had destination charging, then returning northbound on US-101 using LA/Hawthorne, Oxnard, Atascadero, Gilroy.

Note that the San Diego Supercharger is a little bit south of Carlsbad, so that's a possibility too.

Have a great trip!

Bruce.

• Like x 1
  4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Also, try to skip San Juan Capistrano. That SC is always busy.

(Funny, I thought that this post WAS another response to the thread that @bmah referenced above) perhaps a Mod should merge it in there.

• Like x 1