Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC EV rebate to run out of money soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery is scheduled for Sunday as well and I have the MVPA that shows both incentives. The sales rep said once the fund runs out your out of luck though, so there is mixed information. Not really sure what to do on Sunday as I expect the fund to run out before then.

I've called the cevforbc program and they confirmed there is 30+ million still to come and that the provincial gov has planned to not have any funding gaps... but they can't confirm when it will be deposited, so there might actually still be a gap.

All a little frustrating, and the top it off I've been given two different addresses to pick up the car and the DA will not respond to confirm where I am supposed to go, the Tesla support line just hangs up on you, and the sales center phone just rings and rings until they forward you back to the headquarters... where it again just hangs up on you. Pretty frustrating, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with ownership.

1 year into having a 3LR and it's been fantastic. I would recommend PPF if you drive highways/off road as the paint is very soft.

My delivery is scheduled for Sunday as well and I have the MVPA that shows both incentives. The sales rep said once the fund runs out your out of luck though, so there is mixed information. Not really sure what to do on Sunday as I expect the fund to run out before then.

I've called the cevforbc program and they confirmed there is 30+ million still to come and that the provincial gov has planned to not have any funding gaps... but they can't confirm when it will be deposited, so there might actually still be a gap.

All a little frustrating, and the top it off I've been given two different addresses to pick up the car and the DA will not respond to confirm where I am supposed to go, the Tesla support line just hangs up on you, and the sales center phone just rings and rings until they forward you back to the headquarters... where it again just hangs up on you. Pretty frustrating, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with ownership.

Its worth noting that there was a 1-2 day gap last time the funds dropped to 0, before the $10 million was added. However, Tesla held off on eligible deliveries until the money showed up again.

I found interesting that every time when the funds gets low, ppl come to here. I’ve done that too;). I would think you guys are fine because of the guaranteed 27m of funds still available. Just matter of days when the government top it up. The guy who should worry is the one who ordered before all the 27m runs out. That’s the time to tell if B.C. government has something more.

I found interesting that every time when the funds gets low, ppl come to here. I’ve done that too;). I would think you guys are fine because of the guaranteed 27m of funds still available. Just matter of days when the government top it up. The guy who should worry is the one who ordered before all the 27m runs out. That’s the time to tell if B.C. government has something more.

I actually don't know what will happen if it runs out. Will my order go on hold pending a top-up? Will I reject it and have to order again with another 2 week wait time? Are my funds reserved because I have a MVPA and VIN already? These are questions I've been trying to get answers for from Tesla pretty much all day and nobody will return my calls or answer these questions. I'm quite frustrated, the customer service experience has been pretty bad, I'm very worried about that and actually wondering if this is the right decision.

What would be the ETA when all the remaining 27m runs out... I suppose Model 3 probably accounts for at least 80% of the incentive usage these days ...

There's no such ETA, however, you can always watch the trend. Between mid-May to early June, it runs as fast as 500K/day. That means the remaining can depleted as fast as end of Aug. But right now it runs relatively slow, it may run until Sept or even Oct. I didn't monitor it lately as I've already had my car in mid-June. So someone can chime in if they are actively monitoring it.

I actually don't know what will happen if it runs out. Will my order go on hold pending a top-up? Will I reject it and have to order again with another 2 week wait time? Are my funds reserved because I have a MVPA and VIN already? These are questions I've been trying to get answers for from Tesla pretty much all day and nobody will return my calls or answer these questions. I'm quite frustrated, the customer service experience has been pretty bad, I'm very worried about that and actually wondering if this is the right decision.

I'm lucked out that the government topped it up 5m few days before I got my car. For you guys, I'll say don't worry as it has more than 3 days of funds available given the average depletion rate recently. I think that's why the government didn't top it up yet as opposite to the last time. It was 500k/day and it's definitely running out on the Sat. or Sun at the latest. If worst comes to the worst, you can always postpone the delivery date.

As someone pointed out, another $5,000,000 just hit, so you're good. However, here are the answers to your questions for others who come looking in the future:
  • During the last gap in funding, they held off on eligible deliveries to "wait and see" automatically.
  • Funds are not reserved by the initial $3,200 order payment. Funds can only be reserved when the actual down-payment is made. For other dealers, they might take that earlier in the process, but not Tesla. Basically no funds are yours until delivery day.
I wouldn't worry about second guessing your decision, but know that Tesla is so run off their feet that you will almost certainly experience more uncertainty. My delivery day was a gong show.