Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC Racing YG-04 BR Coilovers Lowering Coils Set for 2012-2022 Tesla Model S RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried the BC Racing BR Coilovers Lowering springs for Tesla Model S RWD? Looking for some feedback before I pull the trigger on a set.
Funny you posted because I've been looking myself. The only info is from the other post with the airtelkk coilovers and no updates. I was going to go for mtm's Paragon set but decided bc would be advantageous because of the parts available should something happen down the line. I'm deciding whether to get the swift spring upgrade. This is for my wife's 2017 rwd and comfort is the most important. Itll never see the track.

Reactions: Cheburashka
I'm interested in feedback too, since at some point I'll need to replace the struts and the OEM Bilstein are mad expensive. I'd rather just buy a new set of coilovers.

I would agree with prioritizing comfort as well. I'm also pretty sure BC Racing can customize your coilover set for max comfort.

The only issue I see is with the MS, the strut towers are closed off, so you won't be able to access the compression/rebound adjustment on the coilovers, meaning you can't road test and adjust the settings.

Little update. So it turns out BC does not make coilovers for the model S RWD, only the AWD. All the adds online are incorrect or at least they're not available anymore. This was confirmed by the tuning shop I went to this morning who spoke to BC directly. Good news was they were able to contact D2 racing (I know, confusing with all the acronyms) and they had coilovers made for the RWD model. I ended up placing the order which should take a week so hoping for the install next week. Fyi, D2 is huge in the JDM world because they specialize is air suspension systems.

Last edited:
Little update. So it turns out BC does not make coilovers for the model S RWD, only the AWD. All the adds online are incorrect or at least they're not available anymore. This was confirmed by the tuning shop I went to this morning who spoke to BC directly. Good news was they were able to contact D2 racing (I know, confusing with all the acronyms) and they had coilovers made for the RWD model. I ended up placing the order which should take a week so hoping for the install next week. Fyi, D2 is huge in the JDM world because they specialize is air suspension systems.
Thanks for the update! Let us know how the install goes and how comfortable the D2 is compared to stock suspension.

Did you get the D2 coilovers in and have you had the time to install it? How was the install? Is there any difference between D2 Coilover vs stock coils? What are the spring rates on the new D2?

Did you get the D2 coilovers in and have you had the time to install it? How was the install? Is there any difference between D2 Coilover vs stock coils? What are the spring rates on the new D2?
Hi. Well the car was scheduled to do the install today. Unfortunately, D2 sent the wrong kit. It was for the Model 3. So the shop is contacting D2 to see if they really have a kit for the MS. Otherwise, we may have to go the Airtekk route. Will keep you updated again.

• Informative
Reactions: Cheburashka
Hi. Well the car was scheduled to do the install today. Unfortunately, D2 sent the wrong kit. It was for the Model 3. So the shop is contacting D2 to see if they really have a kit for the MS. Otherwise, we may have to go the Airtekk route. Will keep you updated again.
Thanks for the update! I checked on D2's website and I didn't see a kit for the MS. I'm hoping there's one out there. Goodluck!