Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Be careful ordering from Unplugged Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a terrible experience I’ve had with Unplugged Performance. Unfortunately, after waiting over a month for a bumper it arrived scraped and damaged. I was very understanding their issues with trying to stay in business during Covid and just wanted communication. After exhausting all option with their customer service department I chose to ship the product back. They of course charged me $250 just to ship back the damaged bumper I received, how nice. The delivery truck of course no-showed on me after staying home from work and had to schedule again. I’ve waited 10 days since they received it and nobody will answer the phone or respond on a timeline for refund. Now they are now accusing me of trying to install at myself in my garage? Like come on. Every excuse in the book to keep my money and handle this situation as unprofessional as possible. Such a disappointment as I was so excited for this. Too bad!

You are more patient than i am - at this point, i would file a charge back and let the cc company deal with it. You have not been given goods you paid for and you have gone above and beyond trying to accomodate. If they make you whole, great, cancel the dispute. if not, provide your receipts/email chain to your cc company and they will take care of it.

You are more patient than i am - at this point, i would file a charge back and let the cc company deal with it. You have not been given goods you paid for and you have gone above and beyond trying to accomodate. If they make you whole, great, cancel the dispute. if not, provide your receipts/email chain to your cc company and they will take care of it.
I just did that yesterday. I tried to give them every opportunity to give me a timeline on issuing a credit. All they had to say was 2-3 more days while they process it or anything and I would have been more patient. I don’t take $3k lightly

I just did that yesterday. I tried to give them every opportunity to give me a timeline on issuing a credit. All they had to say was 2-3 more days while they process it or anything and I would have been more patient. I don’t take $3k lightly

i think that is the right move - you have done your due diligence. At this point, they don't deserve any further sympathy from you. You are already in the whole for another $250 for shipping it back.

Reactions: calidreamz808
I've heard of someone who's ordered a set of coilovers from UP's UK dealer and even the dealer can't get any reply from them!
He paid for them 5 weeks ago and hasn't even got a delivery date yet. That's really bad service.
I'm going to tell him to join here so he can look into which vendors are good and which aren't!

A little late for your case now, but for future reference, record a video of yourself unboxing parts that may potentially be damaged from shipping and handling. Could be you, could be the shipping people, could be the manufacturer. This is good practice to eliminate pointing fingers. I hope you get a good resolution out of this. Good luck!

Last edited:
Dear David, we're a little confused by this thread as you've rejected our phone call request from our director of customer experience for us to resolve and refund yet you've joined here to attack our reputation instead of work with us for resolution. Will you accept a phone call from our director of customer experience so that we can resolve this for you? Our goal is to support all of our customers in good times and bad. We are a small business known for a having a lot of heart and we are here everyone to ensure they have a great experience despite any unforeseen challenges that may arise.

We've been in this TMC community and the Tesla community as a whole since the beginning in 2013 as one of the earliest sponsors and supporters of this Tesla enthusiast movement. We have 10,000+ happy clients yet we remain a small business that is focused on every client one by one. Itt always is painful for us to see anyone who has had any trouble. We've always stood behind our products, and always supported our clients. In this case we'd like to resolve this for you. We've offered a new replacement bumper and we will continue to offer you our full support in this shipping damage claim situation. We just need you to accept our call and to work with us on resolution so we can help you.

We stand behind our products and we stand in support of our clients always.

If you will not speak to our director of customer experience we will escalate this to our CEO if you will accept his call. We simply want the happiness of all clients in all cases, be it positive ones or disappointing shipping damage.

We understand we've also already also offered to help you repair it locally but it appears you would prefer a return and refund which we will support if you are willing to accept our phone call.

We will send you a DM in follow up as well.

Sincerely,
The Unplugged Performance Team

I've heard of someone who's ordered a set of coilovers from UP's UK dealer and even the dealer can't get any reply from them!
He paid for them 5 weeks ago and hasn't even got a delivery date yet. That's really bad service.
I'm going to tell him to join here so he can look into which vendors are good and which aren't!

Can you provide insight to us on what dealer is unresponsive to request? We'd like to talk to that dealer and to assist in communication flow. We'd like to help. Our coilovers have been in high demand and are currently sold out but we're working as fast as we can to catch up on production. We are likely a month away from catching up at present time although covid has impacted supply chain for our springs so that remains a bit unpredictable with Hyperco and may stretch from 1-2 months before we have caught up and fulfilled all open orders. I'll follow up with you by DM so we can learn more.

Reactions: calidreamz808
Please post the pics of the bumper and the packaging. Shipping issues and damage are common and are certainly not under Unplugged's control assuming it was well packaged. As a new member joining just to slam a long standing vendor with a good reputation, you need to provide some proof as to your side of the story.

Reactions: Cybr.Myk
Can you provide insight to us on what dealer is unresponsive to request? We'd like to talk to that dealer and to assist in communication flow. We'd like to help. Our coilovers have been in high demand and are currently sold out but we're working as fast as we can to catch up on production. We are likely a month away from catching up at present time although covid has impacted supply chain for our springs so that remains a bit unpredictable with Hyperco and may stretch from 1-2 months before we have caught up and fulfilled all open orders. I'll follow up with you by DM so we can learn more.

There's no point following up with me, it's just something I read on another forum but after doing some Googling it seems you only have one UK dealer, so surely you should know them? From what you're now saying that guy is going to have to wait another 2 months to get an order he placed over a month ago? I think your dealer should have told him that!

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: ord3r and Gumball
Please post the pics of the bumper and the packaging. Shipping issues and damage are common and are certainly not under Unplugged's control assuming it was well packaged. As a new member joining just to slam a long standing vendor with a good reputation, you need to provide some proof as to your side of the story.
Just FYI before you go dragging a vendor into the ground...you need to have backup for the community. Super baseless claim with no pics, no screenshots, etc. Brand new account with no credibility and the first post is a negative one. I have a lot of UP products on my car and everything has been nothing but quality. This post sounds more like a Yelp review or FB opinion post.

Either way....go get your *sugar* resolved privately. UP is reaching out to you.

There's no point following up with me, it's just something I read on another forum but after doing some Googling it seems you only have one UK dealer, so surely you should know them? From what you're now saying that guy is going to have to wait another 2 months to get an order he placed over a month ago? I think your dealer should have told him that!

We had earlier dealers in the UK and in recent months we have switched to one master distributor now for UK (Thorney). However Thorney can sell to other UK dealers so without having clear info on either a client or a dealer to contact it is all hard for us discern facts, look into a specific order or to take action on improving communication. Whenever we have a chance to improve on communication we want to which is why we have reached out to you to learn more if we can. UIltimately our goal here was to take your information and take some positive action on it.

Not having further details prevents that but we will reach out to Thorney and inquire. They do already know that we are sold out and catching up with backorders on these coilovers so there's no new info we can provide them that they don't already know. However the client may be, we'll keep on pushing our factory partners to get us product as fast as we can and hopefully it'll be faster than we expect.

Reactions: MODEL+
Just FYI before you go dragging a vendor into the ground...you need to have backup for the community. Super baseless claim with no pics, no screenshots, etc. Brand new account with no credibility and the first post is a negative one. I have a lot of UP products on my car and everything has been nothing but quality. This post sounds more like a Yelp review or FB opinion post.

Either way....go get your *sugar* resolved privately. UP is reaching out to you.

I've only registered here today, but I've been reading the forum for a while now and Unplugged seems to have a few faithful customers like yourself but also several who have had really bad experiences with them.

So maybe Unplugged only support customers who spend $$$$$$$$ with them and don't really care about the ones who spend $$? That's what it looks to me as an outsider.

I've only registered here today, but I've been reading the forum for a while now and Unplugged seems to have a few faithful customers like yourself but also several who have had really bad experiences with them.

So maybe Unplugged only support customers who spend $$$$$$$$ with them and don't really care about the ones who spend $$? That's what it looks to me as an outsider.

Thats not what it looks like to me, with over years here (and zero unplugged performance parts on my car, nor orders with them). I have been here.

I dont have any skin in this game at all, but I am on TMC a lot, and was before I was a moderator as well. I will say that, for the most part, people on TMC sing the praises of unplugged performance, both the product and the company.

===================================================

(Moderator note: Putting on my moderator hat for a minute, the vendor representative on TMC from the company in question has posted in this thread, and has made a public post attempting to reach out to the OP in this thread to try to resolve this. This should be resolved between the two of them, so I am going to lock this thread as there appears to be movement toward contact / resolution, and that does not need to play out publicly).

Reactions: Cybr.Myk
Status
Not open for further replies.