Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beach Road Trip...bad idea?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking delivery of my AWD (hopefully) next Thursday, and then heading to the beach (about 200 miles away) the following Monday. Is it a bad idea to road trip so soon after delivery (in case there is a motor problem or any other early-life issue)? And how bad for the paint is parking near the ocean? Thanks

Taking delivery of my AWD (hopefully) next Thursday, and then heading to the beach (about 200 miles away) the following Monday. Is it a bad idea to road trip so soon after delivery (in case there is a motor problem or any other early-life issue)? And how bad for the paint is parking near the ocean? Thanks

Just don't drive it straight into the ocean. Then you should okay.

Kidding aside, right after I took delivery yesterday, I hit a Supercharger and drove 140 miles into Canada. No issues to report. It's going to feel like with all the threads here that you're going to have a high chance of having issues with your Model 3, but the general consensus is that the number of severe issues is relatively small. It's just amplified here because most of us come here to vent or looking for help. Just knock on wood before you head off and you should be fine. :)

• Funny
Reactions: BlueShift
Yeah there is no "break-in" period for these cars. I took mine on an 800 mile round trip after four weeks of ownership and it was just fine. If anything, It gave me confidence that the car was actually built well. This confidence can easily be shaken by perusing these forums too much.