Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beginner questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you talking about when you use TACC? Then it does it automatically if it's under 5 or 30 seconds or something like that (I forget the exact details)

Otherwise, as other people have mentioned -- creep mode.

You can also pull the cruise stalk towards you to resume as long as you physically did not press the brake. If you pressed the brake, pull-to-resume will only activate above 18 mph.

It synced on it's own, i use google Calendar. The DS told me any calendar works. Log into your MyTesla account from the iPhone app, and in settings turn on calendar sync (mine was on by default, but I'm on Android).

I'm using a Windows phone with outlook. Can not get the calendar to sync, I've had my car for several months now and still have not been any to get it to work.

Any advice from a Windows guy would be appreciated.

I too have thought about why the garage door doesn't automatically engage since it is GPS-linked, but I"m guessing the answer to that is, how would the car know if the door is already open or not? Or if it's "safe" to open it or not (even though most have the safety features).

I for one am glad that does not automatically open via homelink. I use mine for a rolling metal driveway gate. If it automatically opened the gate, the dogs could get out if they were in the yard. More importantly, the gate could hurt someone if they were playing/working in the bushes where the gate rolls.

I'm using a Windows phone with outlook. Can not get the calendar to sync, I've had my car for several months now and still have not been any to get it to work.

Any advice from a Windows guy would be appreciated.

Does Windows Phone OS have a Tesla App? I thought on the iPhone, Calendar syncing only occurs if you have the official Tesla app installed, and even then, only if you turn it on via the side-bar menus.

It thinks it's a real location, but it hasn't been a problem. I guess if there were ever a place called WebEx it might get confused. :)

Thanks! I synched my calendar to my car. Lets see how it goes :)
BTW - about 100 miles/24 hours in, my avg. mi/kwh (or whatever that is?), is around 285 per my driving style. Indeed the 70D is way more efficient than 85D. I am very happy I bought this car.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also pull the cruise stalk towards you to resume as long as you physically did not press the brake. If you pressed the brake, pull-to-resume will only activate above 18 mph.

Sweet, learn something new everyday :). I think about a month and it'll all be second nature to me. Right now, I still involuntarily look for controls in the old places. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Does Windows Phone OS have a Tesla App? I thought on the iPhone, Calendar syncing only occurs if you have the official Tesla app installed, and even then, only if you turn it on via the side-bar menus.

I think this http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/tesla-connect/f4c64776-7d55-49ab-ba94-684be147fc05 .. but I have to say, hats off to you for still sticking with windows phone in 2015. A real trooper! I'm guessing you work for Microsoft.

I think this Your request appears to be from an automated process .. but I have to say, hats off to you for still sticking with windows phone in 2015. A real trooper! I'm guessing you work for Microsoft.

Oh nope. Our household is iPhone 6+, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, and iPhone 5. But I was replying to Usatyke above. I believe that you must have the app installed and the calendar sync option enabled for it to do syncing (at least on the iPhone). Miss either one of those two and you will not have any Calendar syncing. Unlike Contacts/Recent Calls, this is not something in the Bluetooth configuration, but an App configuration.

- - - Updated - - -

285 is impressive. My lifetime average (1,500 miles in almost 3 weeks) is 319 as of this morning.

:(

My S85 is 334 after 2k miles, but this includes numerous demo launches.

:(

My S85 is 334 after 2k miles, but this includes numerous demo launches.

I have numerous demo launches too, and my kids LOVE the acceleration -- they yell "more! more! again!", lol. I already feel bad for the tires.

My average would be better, but bumper-to-bumper traffic kills it during my commute (I'd guess 330-340 for my daily commute, and 260-300 for our last roadtrip).

I did a few demo launches last night :), and I am also getting used to regen. I think as I get better at it, I'd like to aim for 250ish.
My biggest paranoia right now are all the other idiots on the road. Seriously, don't they see my beautiful Tesla driving? They cut me off, they drive aggressively around me. There was this pizza delivery guy yesterday in a beat up honda, this other guy in a half broken truck with crap falling out, Ugh!

Right now blootiful is resting in the garage, and she is happy on the sippercharger :).
I'm still not 100% comfortable with the "walk away to lock" thing .. I walk away .. but keep looking at blootiful to make sure she locks herself.
Also, I park on the far end of the parking lot, but some parking lots are so full. But earlier today I parked blootiful next to a sls amg, so atleast she is keeping good company!

O yeah, so you don't pound your head trying to figure out what's wrong. TuneIn and Clearchannel media are not friendly, so if a radio station is owned by clearchannel, it'll be on iheardradio, but not tunein. Example DC101 (101.1).