Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best All News Station on Tunein or Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T
Really? Why can't I find it?
Try installing the app on your phone or login to their site, create your own free ID. They have a search feature and just search for "CNN" (they also have HLN). Once you find it click "follow station". Before you click out, up your bandwidth to the highest setting for the best sound. Login to the Tesla app in Settings/Apps/Media with your new personal ID and the "followed station" should show up as a favorite in Media Player. You can find tons of good stations in TuneIn by searching this way.

ABC News on slacker lets you skip to the next story. Only drawback is there's a finite amount of content each day so after a while you start hearing the same story. But I guess that happens with live radio too. At least here you can skip whenever you want.

• Disagree
Reactions: msnow
T

Try installing the app on your phone or login to their site, create your own free ID. They have a search feature and just search for "CNN" (they also have HLN). Once you find it click "follow station". Before you click out, up your bandwidth to the highest setting for the best sound. Login to the Tesla app in Settings/Apps/Media with your new personal ID and the "followed station" should show up as a favorite in Media Player. You can find tons of good stations in TuneIn by searching this way.

Awesome! Any other good stations your recommend?

T

Except that in-car login doesn't work for Tunein anymore.

Works for me. I just tried it.

Don't log out! If you do, it may be difficult to log back in (I have had an open ticket on this for almost 2 months - now escalated to the Developers). There are some bugs on the Tune-In side that need to be worked out, including not being able to play some content (high bandwidth broadcast error message, when it shouldn't be) and no easy way to refresh the favorites list to reveal recently added podcast episodes. I am confident it will get resolved, but is likely in the firmware coding.

I found the easiest way to manage TuneIn content was to set up an account at TuneIn (free), select your favorite stations, podcasts, etc. using your home computer, then logging into TuneIn on the car (settings/media page). When working properly, this will copy all your TuneIn selected favorites into the Media App on the car's main screen for easy access. Trying to search for specific TuneIn content via the car's Media App can be nearly impossible (no search feature, only embedded category menus to sift through millions of content choices).

With that said, I have confidence these bugs will be worked out and the search capability will be improved (if it works on Slacker, it must be possible to make it work on TuneIn).

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: ldgrmnmc and msnow
Works for me. I just tried it.
Have you logged out and logged in recently? What version do you have? I have a MS 85D v7.1 (2.24.102) and it will not ever let me login like it used to. There are several threads indicating that many others are having the same problem. I emailed TuneIn and they said it was a known issue on Tesla's side. There are several podcasts I want to listen to that can only be accessed by logging in and going to Favorites.

Have you logged out and logged in recently? What version do you have? I have a MS 85D v7.1 (2.24.102) and it will not ever let me login like it used to. There are several threads indicating that many others are having the same problem. I emailed TuneIn and they said it was a known issue on Tesla's side. There are several podcasts I want to listen to that can only be accessed by logging in and going to Favorites.
See my signature, 90D, same firmware as you. I checked the app and I'm still logged in with my personal ID but since you guys are all having problems I'm going to take the advice of @UberEV1 upthread and not log out :)