Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

best and most sporty 18 inch summer tire for tesla model 3 rwd?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with the Bridgestone Potenza Sport for the first set of 18" tires on our M3P and really liked them. If you're looking for "most sporty" street tire I think they fit the bill well. I used 245/45R18 on 18x8.5" wheels, same size as your wheels I'm guessing.

They were nicely sporty and responsive feeling. The M3P came with 235/35R20 and I couldn't tell any loss of responsiveness after the change. I was still on stock suspension though, since upgraded. Compared to the original Pirelli PZ4 summer tires, the Potenza Sport had easily more grip dry and wet, and didn't squeal the way the PZ4 did under hard driving.

Noise-wise the Potenza Sport are fine. Not as quiet as the foam-lined stock tires, but not too loud either, I've had much louder summer tires on past cars.

In 18" they ride totally fine too, much better than the M3P's stock 20" setup of course. The sidewalls feel pretty firm though, tuned more for responsiveness than smooth ride I think. The UHP allseasons I'm on now for the winter ride smoother - but obviously don't feel as locked in, or grip as well.

Basically, if you want sporty I think the Potenza Sport are pretty great, and that's exactly what I wanted. For someone who cares more about "smooth" and "refined" I would suggest a different tire.