Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Comments on EV Stories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: PV4EV
One of my work colleagues asked why can't my car just recharge itself while moving...surely you can just connect something to the wheel and recharge the battery as you move along, then you would never need to plug in to charge...much frustration and trying to explain GCSE physics (conservation of energy) to him I just gave up, he was adamant he was right and everyone else was just a bit thick for not realising what he had

"Tesla invent perpetual motion machine. True free energy".

And even if that happened, people would still find a way to moan and shun EVs.

One of my work colleagues asked why can't my car just recharge itself while moving...surely you can just connect something to the wheel and recharge the battery as you move along, then you would never need to plug in to charge...much frustration and trying to explain GCSE physics (conservation of energy) to him I just gave up, he was adamant he was right and everyone else was just a bit thick for not realising what he had
The level of ignorance in the population in general is staggering - not just science. Then social media provides an excellent echo-chamber for people to spout rubbish and spread it to others (a "meme" - in its original meaning as proposed by Richard Dawkins). We somehow need to stop the ignorant deciding policy on things they really have no authority on. I'd start with banning referendums, and declaring The Daily Mail a terrorist organisation!

• Love
Reactions: pow216
What were you doing reading their drivel, trouble is Daily Mail readers believe it all.
Whenever I see a news story about EVs in the mainstream media I always go to the DM comments section...it is just funny to read the utter stupidity and ignorance of some people...if you have 5 minutes to kill and want to snort with laughter is recommend it...yesterday's favourite for me was

"If you leave your car in the street with a charger plugged in overnight, what is to stop someone else unplugging you and using a battery to suck the power away?"

Just imagining a bunch of chavs sticking a hose into the charge port and trying to suck the electricity into a Jerry can...

Whenever I see a news story about EVs in the mainstream media I always go to the DM comments section...it is just funny to read the utter stupidity and ignorance of some people...if you have 5 minutes to kill and want to snort with laughter is recommend it...yesterday's favourite for me was

"If you leave your car in the street with a charger plugged in overnight, what is to stop someone else unplugging you and using a battery to suck the power away?"

Just imagining a bunch of chavs sticking a hose into the charge port and trying to suck the electricity into a Jerry can...
It could actually be a good idea for the next time so scum bag fancies taking a leak on it...

I get my fix of bizarre/irrelevant comments from browsing social media.

This one from Twitter in relation to the news of the planned ban on the sale of new petrol cars several years away:
"The charging vehicles could end up with all sorts of problems with pulling away still plugged in fire hazards they are made of plastic cars left without supervision could have overcharged problems fire having damage done to them.? That's why self charging vehicles are more logical you are present with the car so visually you are in control"

This one from Twitter in relation to the news of the planned ban on the sale of new petrol cars several years away:
"The charging vehicles could end up with all sorts of problems with pulling away still plugged in fire hazards they are made of plastic cars left without supervision could have overcharged problems fire having damage done to them.? That's why self charging vehicles are more logical you are present with the car so visually you are in control"
A real Einstein there!

Probably sitting there reading it on their laptop while their iPhone and iPad are on charge in a different room.

What were you doing reading their drivel, trouble is Daily Mail readers believe it all.
Sometimes its important to get out of your echo chamber and find out what the other half thinks, horrifying, but necessary.
Believe it or not. what most people think about electric cars, Tesla's included, is nothing at all. They don't know much about them and don't care except when someone tells them they will be forced to buy one soon and then they get upset since they don't see it offering them any advantages and see the reasons for it to be bogus or not their problem.

Another informed comment from a Telegraph reader:
"Petrol and diesel road vehicles in the United Kingdom currently consume about 453 TWh of energy each year. To put that in context, the total UK electrical energy production in 2018 was about 335TWh. So Boris Johnson must be planning to more than double our electrical energy production. Mustn’t he? That means 20 Hinkley C power stations at a cost of £500 billon – or alternatives. And double the grid capacity. And re-wire the streets. All in 15 years. If it wasn’t for politicians, what would we do for entertainment?"

I mean it all sounds very convincing. But I think if you look really closely there may be one or two minor flaws in his argument o_O
In my case I guess the answer to what I do for entertainment is read comments in the Telegraph! how sad am I!

I usually check the comments of EV ads I spot on Facebook or Twitter. One recently asked "will it work in the rain?" but here are a couple of other gems:

Screenshot_20200226_132924.jpg
Screenshot_20200226_133046.jpg