Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Comments on EV Stories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's time you guys stopped reading the Daily Mail ... you're worrying me!

I don't but unfortunately there isn't an irl version of adblock/pihole that I can use on my parents :D

o you'd be at a station for 45 minutes per session... 200 fill ups taking a total of 1000 minutes or 16.6 hours."

I got this one from my dad initially but then pointed out that I'd be sitting in my office while it charges vs sticking on a plastic glove to avoid smelly diesel hands before waiting in a queue.

Reactions: ACarneiro
Also this mindset of “having to go to a place to fill up” is old school
Yes, I know, only 46% of the population have a “drive” to charge that car overnight. But if chargers became ubiquitous at work parking lots then that proportion would increase significantly.

You don’t “go to a place to charge”, it “charges whilst you’re sleeping or doing other things”. Those morons just can’t seem to grasp this!

Some manufacturers don't help with this misconception either, producing adverts and brochures for their new EV featuring a beautiful person staring into the middle distance whilst holding a Type 2 connector in a death grip lest the electrons get out of the charge port.
It is almost as if some manufacturers would rather convince the public to buy their more profitable products while appearing to be pushing green solutions.

Oh you big cynic.

You could get a "self-charging hybrid". They're green AND you don't have to worry about all that charging nonsense.
Is that where you add a generator to the axle to charge up the batteries while driving? I've had two strangers tell me how their invention would eliminate my need to stop for charging!

Good to see the daily mail doing their research and using the correct picture
Screenshot_20191025-135624_Chrome.jpg

This is hilarious.

I read the DM app all the time on my phone, I cannot help myself. At least it is free.

I like to play a game of guessing what will be the highest vs worst rated comment before I have a look. Often I like to hope that the west rated comment will be aligned with my thinking.

What it really shows is the problem with the media today. The DM simply writes stories to pander to its own readership and to gain more clicks and comments as this will generate more advertising revenues. All newspapers do the same thing. Thus the DM writes stories to get older, white middle class people all fired up as these are their readers. The Guardian will try and get younger woke people fired up.

I try not to take any of it too seriously and hope that the commenters represent the more extreme ends of society. I have read many of these comments re EVs on the internet but have never experienced them in real life. Even my 70 year old DM reading parents are really excited about the thought of having an EV of their own.