Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best economy, cruise control or mild hypermile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did 80% for a couple of years, and will still do 80% when it gets very hot (over 35 C) but doing 80% messes up the balance, so I do 90% now (and have gained a few miles back). It would be out of the way to use an SC locally so I don't do that--even if there was one at the end of the block I wouldn't because it's so much more convenient to plug in at home. About 50% of my miles are vacation or other trips, so I do see plenty of SC use. If you check the what's your 90 thread, you'll see that I'm not alone and there appear to be several who are doing better than I am.

To answer the "50% after 5 years" question, I think they have the Tesla mixed up with the Leaf.
Thanks. I think your right about the Leaf versus Tesla.....the other rant I get is "Insure yourself against car fires". I guess Rome wasn't built in a day.

considering that the model S has only been around for 4 years with the majority of the cars out there being 3 years old or newer I am curious who gave you this erroneous info and what data it is based on.
I am curious whether that kid who started up some company that shuttles people from LA to LV(Tesla Loop maybe?) might have some data. That stretch of highway can get extremely hot and I would assume that a Tesla being used like that will be seeing all supercharger use. I am curious what kind of battery degradation that might see considering the usage.

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
What route is this ? I thought Grand Junction is via Cortez but you are showing something different that perhaps goes through the San Juan Mts ?
San Juan Mountains it is: I live in scenic Ouray County. That elevation plot was for the route from the Farmington NM Supercharger Station to my house. The passes on that route are Coal Bank, Molas, and Red Mountain. The latter pass is the south boundary line of my county:

25341063084_ae5992a2fc_z.jpg

25852815802_e6c4f3e479_z.jpg

^US 550, the "Million Dollar Highway."

25591972966_5eb0d321cf_z.jpg

^My car on the county road I use to get to my house.

Reactions: SageBrush